PDA

View Full Version : c220 konica white stripes on gradation pattern

Custom Search

lazymangr
03-22-2017, 03:54 PM
hello all. my first time i post here but i am watching from time to time for help ;)

here is the problem konica minolta machine around 670k pages , 400k of them are color. in gradation it shows white stripes. same white stripes pattern for all colors.
drums were ok but i also swapped all 4 with new to see if anything changes.
recently changed transfer belt and cleaned reg. sensor
i changed transfer roller with new.
dev units they seem ok. no white spots or something. they got full coverage
nothing changed.

the only thing i noticed and i think its important, the old transfer roller had colored pattern on it that it fits the white streaks on the gradation pattern thats why i changed it but no difference!
i am attaching a pdf with the color samples to see for yourselves.
any help is apreciated. thanks in advance

lilleputte
03-22-2017, 04:16 PM
i would say fuser or itb.

have you inspect the itb ?

lazymangr
03-22-2017, 04:22 PM
fuser is fine, not a single deformation and also the paper on touch is smooth. i.transfer belt got like 50k pages on it and is totaly clean no blurs,color leftovers or deformation . the only thing i can put my bet is electrical sh.t

i placed my bet on the tranfer roller since the paper pattern fits on the pattern of the old roller. replaced and still same.

CraigW
03-22-2017, 04:25 PM
Try the cleaner on front door, and test.

lazymangr
03-22-2017, 04:28 PM
tried that both on laser and drum corona cleaners.
i thing its on something that cobines the image because of the similarity of lines, like the belt which is excluded cause is kinda new and no visual faults.

allan
03-22-2017, 05:33 PM
What kind off drums you have in there.
Original?

How much developer in you waste box?

tech51
03-22-2017, 07:09 PM
Have you done a forced stop & then checked the belt? If the image is ok before the transfer roller, then the problem is at second transfer.

REGSIS
03-22-2017, 07:11 PM
Transfer belt definetly - same pattern for all colours - few lighter shades are not visible for each colour.
This kind of output will be produced with 350K ITB but if compatible toner is used this can be even on 50K.

lazymangr
03-22-2017, 08:05 PM
Everything on this machine are genuine.toners drums belt etc. Exept chipping drums belt etc. The thing is that the belt is new. We replaced it like 3 months ago and i tested again with new drums to see if lines appear. I didnt forcestop the machine though to see whats on belt.

1 question how transfer roller gets toner on it and gets the lines? I had some prints simplex with a magenta line in the back. Thats why i replaced transfer roller

allan
03-22-2017, 10:10 PM
I would remount the HV bord. Check is the terminals where the springs connect is not maybe rusted.
Else strip out all the drums the devs and the laser and give every thing a cleaning and a remount.

WetPaper
03-22-2017, 10:15 PM
You may want to look to see if one of the drums or developers are stalling. I can't remember if it was the same model but we had one where one of the drums was not turning at full speed causing a drag on the belt affecting all colors. May have been a developer drive clutch.

lazymangr
03-23-2017, 12:35 PM
thanks a lot for the replies. so i went again at the client to get more info
i forced stop the halftone pattern and as you see in the pics i attach, its like the toner from the drum is not "sticking" well on the belt.
also i noticed on new transfer roller same toner pattern from magenta and i still dont understand how it gets too dirty so quick

it might be idc sensor contaminated for some reason? i cant find in the manuals how to clean-replace them

Gaffers01
03-23-2017, 01:01 PM
The white spots you are getting is faulty dev units the white lines really look like ITB issue, you said you changed it recently but did you change for this exact issue?

Oh and also forget the Transfer roller as the marks are probably being left from when it does its gradation adjustments which would leave the same markings on the roller.

lazymangr
03-23-2017, 01:36 PM
ok i am going now with new itb, drums and going to clean idc sensors and will post back results :)

lazymangr
03-23-2017, 05:05 PM
problem solved.
even that i still dont believe it and even if its less than half way of life, its the transfer belt.
no blurs no spots or signs as every other itb i have replaced, still it was faulty.

so we can mark this as solved and thanks all for the replies

Custom Search