PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub C654e- Trying to understand autocolor issue

Custom Search

BCE75
03-22-2017, 10:15 PM
We are trying to reduce print costs in our dept. We print books that have a mix of black and white pages and color pages. We assumed the autocolor setting on our C654e would separate the two but it counts all pages as color, even the pages that only have black text on them. The black is set to black (K). Color is all CMYK. Is there a way to get the printer to print the black and white pages as black and white and only use color on the color pages? All books are made in Adobe Framemaker with are done in Adobe Illustrator or Photoshop. Books are exported as pdf using Adobe Distiller and printed with Adobe Acrobat. I have tried multiple ways of saving the pdf, different Acrobat settings, but I'm not getting anywhere. I feel there must be a setting I am missing. Please help!

Synthohol
03-22-2017, 10:27 PM
there is a setting that helps posted here somewhere, i just install free Foxit reader and print the PDF from it. separates black and color clicks properly.

methogod
03-22-2017, 11:18 PM
with books, you have to set black detection, and it should automatically charge correct.

But it looks at the entire sheet (11x17 or 8.5x11), So what we do is design is spreads, try to put color in blocks of 4 pages where clients needs it. With the fiery rips, we set the page rangs that are color, and set the entire job to greyscale. Force the lessor amount of wear on the equipment. But we dont pay per client, we look at it on large runs.

As you get into better equipment the Fiery's will trigger color or B&W on our larger machines as long as black detection is set.

907tec
03-23-2017, 12:55 AM
Here is the description of ACS control from the Theory manual, for your reference.36092

methogod
03-23-2017, 01:31 AM
sounds like copying feature not printing feature. But not that familiar with 654 series.

B0265
03-23-2017, 08:48 AM
The RGB levels in the page must be equal otherwise the machine treats the page as color. In the "other" tab of the PCL driver you can set threshold values for converting to greyscale even if the the RBG % is different.

Custom Search