PDA

View Full Version : Firmware not Loading Bizhub 654

Custom Search

Cookr
03-23-2017, 07:02 PM
Working on getting this bizhub 654 updated with the special firmware so I can get the email scanning to work and what am I missing. I have the correct special firmware and my usb matches all the requirements plus i have used this exact one to install firmware before but when i copy the files onto the drive put it in the service port and boot the machine the light comes on i hear a ding and thats it no firmware screen :mad: Help lol and thanks

Woxner
03-23-2017, 08:01 PM
are you onlly coping the file from the folder that was unzipped? i take it your using the back usb. try not to usb bigger then 8mb flash driver. sometimes machines can be picky even if its two different 654. and of coarse make sure you are not using the c654 or e series. seen guys make that mistake

Cookr
03-23-2017, 08:05 PM
are you onlly coping the file from the folder that was unzipped? i take it your using the back usb. try not to usb bigger then 8mb flash driver. sometimes machines can be picky even if its two different 654. and of coarse make sure you are not using the c654 or e series. seen guys make that mistake

Yeah USB is only 2 GB and formatted to FAT32, I am using the the back USB under the metal plate, and I have tried many different ways with the folders. I have tried it with the zip file, the folder unzipped and just the files in the folder don't know what I am missing or not doing. I am definitely missing something though because I just tried all the same stuff on a C224e and im getting the same results

Woxner
03-23-2017, 08:15 PM
once you unzip the file only copy all the files in the folder to the usb root. try not to have anything else on the drive. dont copy the folder just all the files inside the folder

Woxner
03-23-2017, 08:16 PM
how long ar you waiting to see if it comes up. any bars in the screen

Cookr
03-23-2017, 08:23 PM
how long ar you waiting to see if it comes up. any bars in the screen

Yeah Ive done what you mentioned and still nothing I waited a few min and then the machine just booted. Im going to give another USB a try. I don't know maybe these newer machines don't like this one haha

Synthohol
03-23-2017, 09:40 PM
which version, i can download again and link.

Synthohol
03-23-2017, 09:52 PM
should look like this in the root of the drive...

also there were 2 bit switches to change in the process.
read the bold statements, maybe the newest BASE fw will also fix this without the bit switches?
ill pop that in the same site i gave you.

http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=36117&d=1490301861
Solution
CAUSE: Google has made SSL Security changes from TLS 1.0 to TLS 1.2. Currently, our non-4e products only have TLS 1.0 support with base firmware GXX-72.

SOLUTION: There is a workaround available until an official Base Level Firmware is created with TLS 1.2 support.Upgrade the MFP with two specific firmware to allow it to have the same functionalities that a 4e series has (GB2-K5). This is a 2-step process and a softswitch change is required.
IMPORTANT: Please precisely follow the steps below or the MFP may become inoperable.

1. Before updating the machine firmware to GA0-A9
a. Set Software Switch 25 to HEX 20.
b. Install GA0-A9 firmware.
Note: If the bizhub is not updated to GB0-A9 firmware, the update to GB2-K5 will not install successfully.
2. Version GA0-A9 is for bizhub C654 C754. File name: A2X00Y0-F000-GA0-A9.exe (for NON-Web Browser support)
Note: bizhub C654, C754 Special Firmware Version GA0-A9 adds several functions that are available on e-series.
3. Version GB0-A9 is for bizhub 654 and 754. Filename: A55V0Y0-F000-GB0-A9 LK-101.exe (for Web Browser LK-101v3 support)
Note: bizhub 654, 754 (LK-101) Special Firmware Version GB0-A9 adds several functions that are available on e-series.
4. Version GB2-K5 is for bizhub 754 series. File name: A55V0Y0-F000-GB2-K5.exe
Note: bizhub 654, 754 (LK-101) Special Firmware Version GB2-K5 Support for Project Chameleon v1.0

CRITICAL ITEMS TO BE ADDRESSED (PLEASE READ)

1. Back up the Network Settings, Address Book, and Remote Access (vCare) settings. These values will be initialized during the upgrade process.
a. Export the Network Settings, Address Book, and Remote Access settings to a USB stick using the External Memory Backup function.
b. If using Firmware versions GP7-65, GPK-68, GPR-68, GP4-70, or GPC-70, check the TCP/IP Address and DNS Server settings manually and write them down.

2. Determine whether or not Voice Data exists. If it is present, delete it.
a. Enter Service Mode.
b. Navigate to System 2 -> Next Page.
c. Press Install Data. If Voice Data exists, highlight it; then press Delete.
d. Press End -> Exit.
e. Turn the machine OFF.

3. If a Code CE301 is indicated
Code CE301 may occur in two specific environments.

Serverless Ubiquitous Print (LK-114)
Thin Print (Firmware version GPS-65)

If this occurs:
1. Enter Service Mode.
2. Navigate to System 2 -> Software Switch Setting.
3. Set Switch 156 to HEX 08; the press Fix. The HEX value will return to “00” automatically.
4. Reboot the machine.
5. Update the machine firmware to GA0-A9.
a. Set Software Switch 25 to HEX 20.
b. Install GA0-A9 firmware.
Note: If the bizhub 654/754 is not updated to GA0-A9 firmware, the update to GB2-K5 will not install successfully.
6. Set Software Switch 25 to HEX 60 (Function version 7).
a. Turn the machine ON and let it boot normally.
b. Enter Service Mode manually.
c. Navigate to System 2 -> Software Switch Setting.
d. Set Software Switch 25 to HEX 60.
e. Press Fix; then wait for a soft beep to indicate that the value has been set.
f. Press END.
g. Turn the machine OFF.
7. Install the version GB2-K5 firmware that corresponds to the MFP model.
a. Insert the USB stick into the service port.
b. Turn the machine ON and wait a few minutes for it to boot into Service Mode.
c. Press the Start button, which will begin flashing.
d. Wait while the firmware is installed. When it is done, the Start button will be steady blue (not flashing).
e. Turn the machine OFF and remove the USB stick.
8. Install the Movie Data and Voice Data.
a. Turn the machine ON and let it boot normally.
b. Enter Service Mode manually.
c. Navigate to System 2 -> Next Page.
d. Select Install Data.
e. Insert the USB stick containing the Movie Data and Voice Data into any USB port.

Movie Data

- Press Movie Data. Be sure to deselect any other option that may be highlighted.
- Press Set.
- Press the Start button and wait for the data to be written.
- When finished, the Movie Data version will be displayed.

Voice Data

- Press Voice Data. Be sure to deselect any other option that may be highlighted.
- Press Set.
- Press the Start button and wait for the data to be written.
- When finished, the Voice Data version will be displayed.
f. Press END.
g. Remove the USB stick and exit Service Mode.
h. Turn the machine OFF/ON.
9. Install the Loadable Driver (only if a card reader such as the AU-201H is installed). Follow the installation directions that accompany the Loadable Driver.
10. Restore the Network Settings, Address Book, and Remote Access (vCare) settings which were backed up.
a. Import the Network Settings, Address Book, and Remote Access settings using the External Memory Backup function.
b. If the Network Settings were written down, enter them manually.
11. Reinstall bizhub Marketplace, if applicable.
12. Update the drivers on users’ computers to the appropriate version to work with this updated machine firmware.
13. If applicable, perform the following steps to have the MFP communicate with the vCare system.
a. Enter Service Mode.
b. Press the “CS Remote Care” button twice.
c. Press the “ID Code” button.
d. Enter the Tech ID number (must be 7 digits).
e. Press the “ID Code” button.
f. Press the “Detail Setting” button.
g. Press the “Date & Time” button.
h. Enter the current date and time (24-hour format).
i. Set the time zone; then press the “Set” button.
j. Press the “Basic Setting” button.
k. Press the “Initial Transmission” button.
l. Press the “Initial Transmission” button in the lower right corner. The status will display “Completed” in the upper left corner of the screen.

Technical Notes

This is only a temporary solution. Ultimately a new base firmware and all future base releases will contain TLS 1.2 support. The request will be for all the non-4e and C552 series machines.

Synthohol
03-23-2017, 09:59 PM
the K8 is what the latest bulletin suggests for this, also the ver34 fw is the latest base FW. thats in the folder as well.

wjurls
03-23-2017, 10:13 PM
Try a different USB drive. For my C654e's (all of them) I went through 4 different USB drives before I threw a hail mary and grabbed a really old ritek drive I had laying around. All the machines could see the firmware on the ritek. Why??? No clue!!

Lee

Cookr
03-27-2017, 07:00 PM
Thanks everyone for the help got the firmware installed and the email scanning up and running finally. The firmware ended up being my USB drive I tried a couple others before I found one that worked. Thanks again

Custom Search