PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous C308 tisk problem.

Custom Search

allan
03-26-2017, 10:09 PM
Hi Guys

I have a problem with a C308.

The customer is using a 2012 R2 server and is refusing to connect P2P.
Most or as i am told all client PC's is using win10.
Intermittently one in ten jobs the print job will come thru with no user or filename and will print gibberish until the paper runs out.
It does show "PRINT" under user in the machine LOG when this happens.

Did not have enough time on Friday to dig into it an will probably have to go back to trouble shoot.
Its not the driver or firmware i think. Will do firmware any way. Does the same thing with PS, PCL and XPS.
So corrupt or incorrect print data??

Other printers like the Ricoh B/W right next to it is not doing any of the same stuff and the ping return times is good.
So i don't think its the network.

I did ask the admin to install the drivers directly from the clients that print the most to see if that would teach us any thing about the problem and a know that will work fine.
Suggested using authentication to avoid the wrong driver like a previous installation somewhere to submit jobs. But he does not want to do that.
Will ask him to simply change the IP...

Any ideas?

blackcat4866
03-26-2017, 11:57 PM
Hi Guys

I have a problem with a C308...

Will ask him to simply change the IP...

That's my preference right there. =^..^=

Woxner
03-26-2017, 11:59 PM
if it were a corupt job most likely would cause the machine to lock up or possibly keep rebooting. the only thing i have ever seen is the wrong driver doing jiberish or keep printing til paper runs out. adding authentication would do nothing for this issue. firmware is never a bad idea but never a cure for this isse.

allan
03-27-2017, 05:06 AM
No reboots or errors shown.

Hoped that adding the authentication would stop misdirected jobs because of authentication failure.

Problem is i know what the problem it but i need to convince the administrator.

I will get him to change the IP today.

else its wireshark time.

Custom Search