PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous Lines on the top half of the page

Custom Search

medmouncef
03-27-2017, 12:09 AM
Bonjour

On my KM C451 I have apparent horizontal lines that cross the top half of the page, Both during printing and for scanning.
Ex : attached A4 scanned image.
I tried several things without result : Transfer belt, toner cartridges and image units cleaning, I've done Imaging Process adjust > Gradation Adjust > Gradation Mode.
Note that I have this problem regardless of the paper weight.

If you have ever encountered this problem can you please help me know what causes this.

thank you very much

Woxner
03-27-2017, 03:29 AM
clean the laser lens

allan
03-27-2017, 05:13 AM
Its an old machine so i guess the cleaning wand (in the front is you open the top or second tray) is missing or the cleaning pad is shot.
Mabe your lucky and its never been used before, else order that or only new pads.

service_man
03-27-2017, 09:30 AM
Clean the laser, and clean the optic section.

You have some dirty.

Regards

blackcat4866
03-28-2017, 01:24 AM
Its an old machine so i guess the cleaning wand (in the front is you open the top or second tray) is missing or the cleaning pad is shot.
Mabe your lucky and its never been used before, else order that or only new pads.

Definitely magenta. Either dirty laser slit glass or foreign matter under the magenta doctor blade. Sometimes the toner contaminant on the slit glass is stuck on there well enough to require removing the laser to clean the glass. =^..^=

service_man
03-28-2017, 09:10 AM
Hello,
Tell me, did you change the copy glass?
If you change, maybe you not stuck good surface for reading white plate.

And you have problem with copie and scan.

Regards

907tec
03-28-2017, 06:59 PM
I would definitely try cleaning the laser window first, but I'm betting that you will have to replace the Magenta Imaging Unit to fix that issue. Try running CMYK gradation prints and then posting images of them. Might be more than just the Magenta IU failing.

Phil B.
03-28-2017, 07:29 PM
Bonjour

On my KM C451 I have apparent horizontal lines that cross the top half of the page, Both during printing and for scanning.
Ex : attached A4 scanned image.
I tried several things without result : Transfer belt, toner cartridges and image units cleaning, I've done Imaging Process adjust > Gradation Adjust > Gradation Mode.
Note that I have this problem regardless of the paper weight.

If you have ever encountered this problem can you please help me know what causes this.

thank you very much

is it LEF feed?

Synthohol
03-28-2017, 10:31 PM
hello, just do a gradation TEST pattern of magenta, look at it, its either a bad drum, contaminated DV or a dirty laser glass. its not fuser or a "copy glass"
good luck.

medmouncef
03-30-2017, 05:17 PM
hello, just do a gradation TEST pattern of magenta, look at it, its either a bad drum, contaminated DV or a dirty laser glass. its not fuser or a "copy glass"
good luck.

Hi

Done as you suggested and the result is perfect . Dirt was sticking to laser glass, especially magenta.
Please see attached 2 gradation tests scan of pre-intervention (up) and post-intervention (lower).

Thank you very much.

Custom Search