PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous C287 - Tray 2 loses paper size when full

Custom Search

jqueen
03-30-2017, 12:10 AM
Hello all,

Here is my issue... Just installed a new machine about a week and a half ago. Finished installing the finisher today, due to supplier not knowing about the mounting kit, tested great. Ran out of both trays and worked well. Now, it went blah....

EU puts 11X17 in T2 and fills it up and then the machine doesn't know what size paper is in T2. BUT, if I take out about 3/4 of the paper, the machine recognizes it and prints/copies just fine. Can't use T1 for 11X17 since its not big enough...SO, that is leaving me with an open service call with T2.....I'm not panicking yet, but will soon if I can't find an answer....Anyone had this issue before????

Any help is appreciated.
thank you.
J

Synthohol
03-30-2017, 01:27 AM
i kinda wonder if the paper is so heavy it makes the tray droop and does not properly contact the size sensors in back of the the tray?
other than that im empty.

this is all i found on paper size recognition issues.. worth a look.

Vikingrepairguy
03-31-2017, 02:48 PM
The 7 series machines have a terrible paper size detection for trays 1 and 2, get ready for a few call backs or headaches as the paper guides tend to slide out of position when the tray is closed with force, and trust me they will get mad and close the tray hard, if your lucky and get it all lined up and no skew, then you can add a screw and fix the paper tray in a set position. I really despise the 7 series so far.

jqueen
04-07-2017, 07:00 PM
Thank you! That was exactly it. I told my customer to be gentle when closing the door as to not have the slides readjust themselves again. Thanks for the help... :D

CompyTech
04-07-2017, 10:19 PM
Thank you! That was exactly it. I told my customer to be gentle when closing the door as to not have the slides readjust themselves again. Thanks for the help... :D

If you get problems down the road with incorrect paper sizes in the trays, there's a mod to fix the width guide centering screws. Basically it's a lock washer kit that keeps the screws from coming loose. Here's the KB# from KMBS knowledge base: KBA00029242

Vikingrepairguy
04-07-2017, 10:30 PM
Dang we just had 2 more of these suckers today, we've seen that whatever the cause, the way the sensors are tripped and the way the 2 individual pieces that slide around on the tray, they just don't want to stay lined up, I mean they might be ok for days and then boom, 2 call backs. We're a small town operation so we have time to work on them, but it's highly aggregating and not to mention sad for the customers that upgrade from a 200/250/350 to a 227 and hate em. I encourage every tech to please call I and tell them the fix does not work! The only way I see this getting fixed the right way is a firmware update or a bit switch to DISABLE the auto paper detection! And you can warranty both trays if your a 3rd party dealer, so we're doing that for every machine, and are go to fix is add the 2 extra paper trays and try to avoid trays 1 and 2! It's a shame they went to this style sensors on this series!

Custom Search