PDA

View Full Version : Taskalfa 1801 spiking CPU

Custom Search

ss12
04-06-2017, 09:43 PM
Hi all,hoping that someone can help with this PITA. Customer has reported that this machine is causing the server cpu to spike to 100% when this machine is connected to the network. They've done some testing by deleting and re-installing one by one the print drivers,and sure enough it only spikes when using the driver for this model. It also does the same when connecting locally with crossover cable. The firmware and drivers are all the latest, direct print has been selected, advanced printer features has been turned off which results in the spiking being reduced to around 20-40% but still not to the satisfaction of the customer. Any ideas or suggestions TIA

tmaged
04-07-2017, 01:21 AM
I would put a switch between it & their network to isolate it some what. You can also look at changing NIC speeds.
I'd also check inside the NIC to make sure none of the contacts are bent & touching.

Kyo fan
04-07-2017, 05:49 PM
The customer's network doesn't seem to like that optional IB-33 you got in that TA 1801. There doesn't seems to be separate firmware for it like some have, it upgrades with general 1801 firmware. Try with spare IB-33 if you can find one. Also, bring your own laptop and you own utp cable and hook it directly. Crossover or straight, it doesn't matter any more these days since today's NICs have that sorted out.

ss12
04-07-2017, 08:52 PM
Hi kyo fan,I've already tried connecting locally with the same issue,so it does seem like a problem with the nic card.ive passed it back to sales so hopefully it will upgraded.Many thanks scott

Geo
04-07-2017, 10:58 PM
This is a good one....SO PLEASE...PLEASE...PLEASE... When and if you finally resolve this, please post the cause and solution.

Thanks Much

Custom Search