PDA

View Full Version : KM C258 Margins off / shifted

Custom Search

crazywhistlepig
04-10-2017, 03:53 PM
Hello all.

I have a KM C258 < 60 days old I'm working on with shifted margins. I've adjusted the leading edge and centering for all paper trays front and duplex side to the exact 3/16" spec. However, if I print a simple PDF with a 1pt stroke all the way around the page at a .25" margin, the print is quite shifted (see attachments). This of course makes it impossible to print anything with any kind of specific margin, such as Avery labels, business cards, etc. without a drastic shift. I've gone through all administrator / machine settings and can't find anything margin related other than centering / leading edge which are set correctly.

Tried prints from both a Mac OSX 10.9 (PS Driver 7.0.0) and PC Windows 8.1 (PCL 7.1.1.0) without success which makes me feel it is not driver related. I've also printed from PDF and directly from InDesign with same results which makes me feel it is not software related.

Been toiling back and forth about 2 weeks with this, any help / suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks
--
Pete

service_man
04-10-2017, 06:26 PM
Did you try to enter service mod, machine, and you have PRINTER area, and Scanner area, Lead Edge erase ajd...

crazywhistlepig
04-10-2017, 08:54 PM
Thank you for the reply. I have been in the service menu in the printer area. I have not adjusted the lead edge adjustment, just the adjustments under MACHINE > PRINTER AREA namely the centering, leading edge adjust. Where I basically got these adjustments within the 3/16" spec for lead and center. I thought getting these to spec would make everything else fall into place but thats not the case. I thought lead edge erase adjustment is just for the scan area, or does it affect print also?

Thanks in advance!

crazywhistlepig
04-10-2017, 09:14 PM
So I just accesed the MACHINE > LEAD EDGE ERASE ADJUST, set front and duplex side to 7mm and 5mm respectively and the top and bottom margins are accurate now for side one and 2nd side (see attached). Now just the left margin is the issue. Of course I'm testing all of this on tray 1 only. Ill test other trays as well shortly.

crazywhistlepig
04-17-2017, 10:21 PM
I have all trays dialed in to spec, the manual tray leading edge set to spec, yet still have the entire page print shifted to the left about 1/4". Any advice as to how to adjust greatly appreciated. I've searched the service manual and found only vertical adjustment as a possibility.

Thanks in advance.

allan
04-18-2017, 05:40 AM
Magnification ratio??

Is copies on the machine 1:1?

crazywhistlepig
04-19-2017, 04:29 AM
Yes it is 1:1. That was my initial thought as well. I'm at a loss over this.

Custom Search