PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub C754e printing each page as a separate file from MS Publisher

Custom Search

bearyb
04-11-2017, 08:04 PM
I've got a customer that is printing Mail-Merge postcards duplex and 4up (4 per 8 1/2 x 11 sheet) from Publisher 10. She is using Windows 8.1. They print about 1400 of these postcards (700 at a time). She started a print job last night when she left, and this morning it was still printing when she returned. I was called in because of "slow printing." When I arrived I found that what should have been a single print job was being separated into one file per page. So the copier spent all night printing 700 single-sheet jobs (without even jamming!).

So my question is, what could be causing the print file to separate into individual files? For example, when sending 16 mail-merge records (what should result in 4 sheets of 4 cards each), the print queue shows 4 files waiting to print. Then it sends them individually to the copier. In fact, it is not until the first job is fully printed and in the exit tray that the copier begins to receive the next job.

The Bizhub C754e firmware is the latest version (G20-M0).
I downloaded and reinstalled the printer driver (C754_Series_Server2016_PCL_PS_FAX_v5.x.x.0) and tried both PS and PCL drivers.
I power-cycled the copier.
She shut down Publisher and re-opened it.
We both checked all the printer dialog settings we could think of.
It will print multiple page documents normally from other applications, like MS Word.
The issue was the same regardless of whether the mail-merge function was actually on or not.

Synthohol
04-11-2017, 08:16 PM
first off, sorry about publisher, its crap.
second, just to try, print the mailmerge to a PDF printer and then print the PDF.

bearyb
04-11-2017, 08:34 PM
Yeah, thought about that, too. But when we tried to "print to PDF" it didn't come up as an option in the drop down menu. It would let us print to file, but that didn't seem like the same thing. We could "save as" a PDF, but that would only save the original graphics, not the mail-merged file.

habik
04-11-2017, 10:38 PM
Have you tried unticking the Collate box in driver?

peter42
04-11-2017, 10:50 PM
Have her install PDF24 or any familiar PDF converter, if she dont use Acrobat PDF converter.
So you have in Printer menu next to your old HP,Lexmark, KM-Bizhub a new printer called PDF-Printer.

Trick is, print your work with publisher settings into a PDF-File, open it in any PDF-Reader and send it then to hardwareprinter.

I knew about this trouble, nine of ten jobs are fine, the last one has gone trough this procedure to be well finished, instead of waisting paper.

Mr Spock
04-12-2017, 12:19 AM
There was a mail merge macro from someone in England that fix this issue. If you google it you may still find it.

bearyb
04-14-2017, 04:12 PM
Thanks for the suggestions. One of our Connect Team members (who recognized it as a known issue with Publisher) called her and reported that she had found a work-around. Not exactly sure what that was, sorry. If I make it out there again I'll see if she can explain to me what she did.

rrrohan
04-15-2017, 01:47 PM
Funny we had a customer printing from Word who wanted individual jobs per letter as entire job would take like 20mins to spool on copier and would hold up printing for everyone.

Funny how one mans problem is another mans solution

toshibadale
05-03-2017, 05:24 PM
You can use the xds driver and turn off print preview. Only way we fixed ours.

Custom Search