PDA

View Full Version : Konica 7022 paper jam problem

Custom Search

humpy
08-11-2008, 01:18 PM
I have 2 Konica 7022 copier/fax/printers, and both have developed the same problem with paperjams at exactly the same place. Til this point they have worked perfectly. They used to jam here occassionaly, but now do it on every sheet of paper. A pic of the jam lcoation is at http://cybersol.com.au/uploads/konica2.jpg. I have tinkered with everything I can think of with no luck. It has to be a design fault for both of them to have the exact same problem i feel... can anyone suggestiona fix!
thanks W.

KM7155
08-11-2008, 01:44 PM
have u try to change the paper feed rubber, DF preventive rubber?
u can try to change the loop clutch as well, it was located behind the machine. before u start to dismantle anything, is there any error code appeared?

humpy
08-11-2008, 02:10 PM
have u try to change the paper feed rubber, DF preventive rubber?
u can try to change the loop clutch as well, it was located behind the machine. before u start to dismantle anything, is there any error code appeared?

Hi , havent tried to change any rubber, have tried to clean all rollers i can reach.
The only error msg i get is after the jam " please contact service"
thanks
will

dallas
08-11-2008, 06:38 PM
Check the gears on the rear side for damaged teeth.

pepper38_cnd
08-11-2008, 10:29 PM
If you are getting a please call service indicator, then you are getting an error. Your problem is probably high humidity causing arcing at the transfer and that is why the paper is stopping right at the transfer section. This could be as simple as damp paper, or you may need to change the HV contact insulators or the assembly, or worst case scenario the T/S carona itself. Print a management list and see if you have any F28-XX codes.

humpy
08-11-2008, 10:59 PM
If you are getting a please call service indicator, then you are getting an error. Your problem is probably high humidity causing arcing at the transfer and that is why the paper is stopping right at the transfer section. This could be as simple as damp paper, or you may need to change the HV contact insulators or the assembly, or worst case scenario the T/S carona itself. Print a management list and see if you have any F28-XX codes.

Hi,
Thanks so much for the suggestions, they are very much appreciated How do I go about printing the management list please?

pepper38_cnd
08-11-2008, 11:57 PM
Enter 36 mode
Hold 36 while powering up
Select List print
Management list
After list prints power on and off.

humpy
08-12-2008, 03:13 AM
Enter 36 mode
Hold 36 while powering up
Select List print
Management list
After list prints power on and off.

Hi,
not sure what you mean there,- hold down the 3 and the 6 while powering up?
Also, even if i get to the list print section, I cannot print as the paper jams everytime... ( i have tried new fresh dry paper too)
Under where it says call service, i notice it says" F-28-3 ", is that hopefully a error msg that helps?
thanks

KM7155
08-12-2008, 05:17 AM
Ya, thats the error code. there are 2 location possible with sparking.
first, check the HV casing which located at the ADU door, look for leaking/
sparking sign near the casing. second is the T/S unit itself, if u don't mind,
u can smell it, there will be sparking smell.

pepper38_cnd
08-12-2008, 12:54 PM
F28-3 points to a loss of separation voltage (arc or spark). At this point I would recommend you have qualified KonicaMinolta tech address your problem. An experienced tech can trouble shoot this issue quite easily and quickly, while end users often create additional problems. Having said that if think you must tackle this your self I would do the following.
1. Remove the T/S corona and try to make a copy, If you get paper to pass or you get a missfeed without the call service error, then the problem is with the T/S corona. (replace T/S corona assy)
2. Remove contact assy on side door that opens, remove back cover of contact assy and dump out 2 rubber insulator strips, they will probably come out in little broken bits or white and hard. Clean inside contact assy with cuetip and alcohol, replace the the insulator strips with several strips of electrical tape and reinstall the cover place 2 strips of tape to the metal door frame where the contact mounts. Reassemble and test.

If after doing this you still have a problem, take my original advice and call an expert.

kmguy31
08-13-2008, 06:15 AM
If none of that works, i have had 2 f-28-3 in the last few weeks where it turned out to be something in the conveyance door (holds the t/s corona). Replaced all of the above. No help. Replaced the door. No more code. Just figured I would pass it on.

copierlady
08-18-2008, 10:55 PM
there is a paper sensor in that area that gets broken or knocked out of place sometimes hope thats not the problem it is a real bear to replace!

redime
08-20-2008, 03:03 AM
there is a paper sensor in that area that gets broken or knocked out of place sometimes hope thats not the problem it is a real bear to replace!
Not for a F28-3

F28-3 - open the right hand side door, see the HV block with the two spring contacts coming out of it? The door latch bar is in the way, remove the bottom screw in the white "hook" - then remove the two screws that hold the black HV block on... use several layers of tape BEHIND the HV block on the metal of the door where the block contacts. Reassemble

If problem persists, pull T/S Unit, youll have to pop the two covers off (like when you change a wire - one on either end) inspect for arcing... youll notice cruddy white/grey stuff on the plastic. If this is happening, pull the wires off carefully, take screw out of both ends, tape top side of metal unit (where the plastic units come in contact) and clean inside of plastic area, tape bottom side of plastic units) reassemble, rewire...

worst case is you need the whole door as mentioned above, the door for the TS unit, not machine door. Comes off easy, two e-clips and left hand side is a single electrical connection.

Custom Search