PDA

View Full Version : User Authentication/Account Track- cannot Verify account or print (for patk)

Custom Search

Synthohol
04-12-2017, 03:52 PM
using the word print in the title makes the thread print view, why has nobody fixed this? why?

User Authentication/Account Track- cannot Verify account or print (http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/konica-minolta/118712-user-authentication-account-track-cannot-verify-account-print.html) Printable View

04-12-2017

patk
User Authentication/Account Track- cannot Verify account or print

I have a C754e which the customer needs User Authentication/Account Track setup on.

We set this up on the machine prior to delivery to the customer with all User Names and Accounts synchronised, no passwords used just left blank. All worked perfectly when tested on our own network-

Customer setup is a standard LAN but no print server. All users are using correct PCL6 driver v 5.1.3.0 on mainly W7 Pro Pcs and can print normally without User Authentication/Account Track turned on. With User Authentication/Account Track enabled, most Users cannot Verify their account from the print driver, some can print without being able to Verify, some can intermittently Verify and print.

I can Verify and print to all accounts using my laptop,( connected between the copier and the customers network using my own switch). Obviously I am not logged in to the customers domain.

I know that User Authentication/Account Track adds HTTP and HTTP/XML network traffic using port 80 and 50001 but customer's IT says this should not be an issue.

Would be grateful for any ideas.

Cheers
Pat

Synthohol
04-12-2017, 03:54 PM
fwiw, under network you can enable print without authentication, you can even use ip filtering and list the companies IP range which allows print without authentication.
also they can lock in their info so the authentication is sent every print job.

patk
04-13-2017, 12:00 PM
fwiw, under network you can enable print without authentication, you can even use ip filtering and list the companies IP range which allows print without authentication.
also they can lock in their info so the authentication is sent every print job.

Thanks for that, but to "print without authentication", you have to disable User Authentication on the Users driver Configure tab otherwise it doesn't work. This customer needs to use User Authentication so I can't have some Users on and some off. Also as the customer has no print server and 65 users working different days, it is already a bit of an admin nightmare ensuring drivers are set correctly and updating etc

I am only using Verify to confirm that Users can print via authentication- after that I will be locking their info in as you suggest. ( at least on those PCs that dont have multiple users where I will use the pop-up)

Cheers
Pat

rrrohan
04-16-2017, 03:16 AM
Wow a company with 65 users with no server.
What driver version and what firmware and function version are you using

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Mr Spock
04-16-2017, 04:09 AM
check 2 things on the ones that do not verify.
1. they have the "E" driver as the non "e" driver will install but will not send the correct authentication code even if it is right.
2. on the configuration tab check that the model is correct and authentication and account track are both enabled.

patk
04-19-2017, 10:54 AM
PCL 6 driver version 5.1.3.0 is being used. Firmware is A2X00Y0-0100-GD2-M0. Machine is Function Version 3.

Using "e "driver and model is correct in driver config with Authentication and Account Track on

Cheers
Pat

Custom Search