PDA

View Full Version : CQ PDF's printouts with different character

Custom Search

Laserbeam
04-15-2017, 11:56 AM
Hello,

I have the following problem in 2 Copyshops. The PDF printouts appear in different font sizes. PCL 6 driver is installed (ver. 3.7.0.0).
In the middle of the text, the font changes from normal to bold.
The text was written in Word and then converted to a PDF.
The phenomenon also occurs on other machines at the customer, e.g. on bizhub C360 or C554.
In the appendix you see an example. I underlined the appropriate places.

rrrohan
04-15-2017, 01:10 PM
In adobe select print as image tick box and try again

saburnsjax
04-15-2017, 02:51 PM
The font used on the print sample looks like it is in the Calibri family... Adobe Acrobat & Reader have known issues with Calibri when using PCL drivers and per Adobe no intention of bothering to fix it.... their solution is to change the font, or switch to PS drivers (or as mentioned above, print as image, though that can bring its own issues IMHO).

copyrooks
04-15-2017, 07:17 PM
Are you using microsoft edge to view and print the pdf? Ive had so many issues with that program with printing slowly, printing incorrectly, not printing some text. Id change to either an adobe program or sumatra pdf.

Laserbeam
04-15-2017, 09:40 PM
Many thanks for your helpful answers!!!

@saburnsjax

I asked the creator, yes, it was written in Word with the font Calibri. Then converted with Word to PDF.
Which font is the most appropriate in Word so that this problem does not occur after conversion to PDF when printing? What font would you recommend?
I'll make an attempt next week with another font (in Word), then convert in PDF and report again.

Printing with PS-driver, the problem does not occur, but embedded images are too dark and thus unusable.

@ rrrohan

I select "print as image" but the problem with the bold font was still there.

Luckily there is this forum :D, the hotline of Konicaminolta Europe could not help me unfortunately :confused:

CPM Mike
04-17-2017, 04:47 PM
I've had all kinds of issues with Calibri font in Adobe products and just stopped using it altogether.

Myriad is almost the same...very strange.

Laserbeam
04-17-2017, 06:46 PM
What font in Word would you recommend, so that this phenomenon does not occur by conversion to PDF?

CPM Mike
04-17-2017, 07:06 PM
What font in Word would you recommend, so that this phenomenon does not occur by conversion to PDF?

Arial is always a safe bet.

Laserbeam
04-17-2017, 07:52 PM
okay Mike,

I will create the Word document with the font Arial and then convert it to a PDF. I'm curious if the prints are correct.
One thing I had forgotten when I described my problem at the very beginning.
The typeface (PDF) appears on the screen without the phenomenon of "Boltface", the font looks completely normal. It's only when printing :confused:

emujo2
04-17-2017, 08:37 PM
Had a similar issue with customer receiving PDFs from Japan. Try changing the font settings in the driver as shown in the attachment. Emujo36383

Laserbeam
04-17-2017, 08:52 PM
Hi emujo2,

many thanks for your response!

Could you post the picture again with a better resolution?

Laserbeam
04-18-2017, 06:17 AM
@ emujo2,

The image with the higher resolution is not necessary. I found the settings in the printer driver.

If I have understood correctly, I need not to change the font in Word (e.g. from Calibri to Arial), it is enough, if I do this in the printer driver?

emujo2
04-18-2017, 01:40 PM
I am only offering a suggestion, I have had "print as image" get rid of the bold characters before. Calibri isn't one of the printer installed fonts, so you either have to use the workstation fonts, or substitute for something the printer does have..ie Arial. Emujo

Laserbeam
04-18-2017, 08:27 PM
Today at noon I was again in the copy shop and tried to make the recommended settings. Unfortunately without success. The prints still appeared with these different fonts.

Lync
05-10-2017, 07:01 AM
Make sure there are no images behind the text that are appearing bold/different. Word does weird things when PDF converting images and breaks them up into blocks. Anything with a transparency also needs to be flattened before converting to PDF through Word/other Microsoft products.

NeoMatrix
05-10-2017, 09:19 AM
The problem is "Font substitution" when using the MFD and printer driver.

MS Word will have a lot of fonts installed for use in it's application as standard.When printing from a PDF to Post script , PCL driver (vector graphics) the font will be substituted to closest possible match on printout.

Some Word Processor applications have settings to limit any exotic fonts to a standard printable font set when saving the Doc as PDF etc.

You may like to cross check the fonts that come standard in the MFD firmware with those used in the PDF creation software?
Like wise what fonts where available on the creation PC compared
with those fonts on the PDF render(viewer) or Printout PC.

Custom Search