PDA

View Full Version : C6500/C6501 Life Expectancy

Custom Search

CPM Mike
04-15-2017, 04:14 PM
I am a print shop owner in the Caribbean who has been self-servicing my C6500 and C6501 for several years with good success.
Both machines have approximately 3 million impressions.
I have not used the C6500 for about 3 years and the C6501 is giving me problems with a C-2452 code (see separate thread).
I'm starting to think maybe I need to buy a new machine.
In your opinions (which I value greatly) what is the average life expectancy for these machines?
What is the logical next KN machine to step up up too?
Getting parts is becoming more difficult everyday!
Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

Synthohol
04-15-2017, 09:57 PM
discontinued parts can be difficult but as far as copies, i have 2 in a print shop with over 12 million on each.

CPM Mike
04-16-2017, 04:55 PM
discontinued parts can be difficult but as far as copies, i have 2 in a print shop with over 12 million on each.

Wow...that is awesome!

Synthohol
04-16-2017, 06:53 PM
probably could have bought a yacht with the amount of parts and PMs that went into them but as a P4P machine its output has far exceeded the cost.
at a nickel a page thats over 1.2 million dollars in revenue to us, roughly 6 million to the printshop (less paper and staples and labor)

if i could have had 12 of these in busy shops i would have gone into business for myself.

the future availability of parts and supplies though stops us from taking new contracts on any of them anymore and the existing ones are strongly encouraged to upgrade to a 1060/70.

Custom Search