PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous Inconsistent Streaking on prints - Photos attached

Custom Search

weskes
04-18-2017, 07:09 AM
Hi all, I just as of a few hours ago have started getting these magenta streaks on my print it's not a hard line like i would expect from a cleaning blade having a clump stuck somewhere and don't see anything strange with the belt, drum, corona or developing unit. The streaks are the same direction as the paper feed and it only noticeable on light coverage, they don't streak past the printed image and don't stay in the same place every time, and maybe 1/4 of the prints come out looking OK, i have attached samples that show the streaks... also darker or heavier coverage prints look just fine Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

JDR
04-18-2017, 07:16 AM
Your magenta drum unit is dead.

weskes
04-18-2017, 07:20 AM
Your magenta drum unit is dead.
Out of curiosity do you know why or what causes this to happen when the drum unit dies? I was looking thinking I might see something at the cleaning blade but now luck... Will try a new drum in the AM for sure either way.

JDR
04-18-2017, 07:31 AM
i would say corona, never really looked for that.

weskes
04-18-2017, 07:37 AM
i would say corona, never really looked for that.
I thought you just suggested it was the drum though?

JDR
04-18-2017, 07:46 AM
the drum unit, the whole assembly.
theres no other orderable parts in this unit.

weskes
04-18-2017, 05:41 PM
Anyone else have any ideas before I open up a new drum?

darry1322
04-18-2017, 08:46 PM
Replace the magenta image unit.

You didn't give a model number so I assume unit rather than just drum.

weskes
04-18-2017, 09:26 PM
Replace the magenta image unit.

You didn't give a model number so I assume unit rather than just drum.
Whoops sorry, didn't give a model but it was a KM c6500 - just went in and compressed air the drum with the toner waste area held open, blew out a ton of old toner also cleaned everything around the erasure lamps and corona and seems to be great now!

darry1322
04-18-2017, 09:33 PM
Dirty coronas and old drums give similar output. Sometimes cleaning the coronas will solve the issue for a while. If cleaning coronas doesn't work then it's time for a new drum.

mrwho
04-18-2017, 10:31 PM
Dirty coronas and old drums give similar output. Sometimes cleaning the coronas will solve the issue for a while. If cleaning coronas doesn't work then it's time for a new drum.

This is my opinion also. You can try to swap the magenta corona with another color first to see if the defect keeps the same color of if it changes, and then try the same with the drum. Doesn't hurt and it can help you pinpoint the problem before ordering parts.

Custom Search