PDA

View Full Version : CQ New Cxx7 and Cxx8 range Drum issues

Custom Search

Badhabit
04-19-2017, 10:42 AM
Good day all,

I hope someone has an answer for me.
We have found that if you swop the K drum with any of the colour drums on the new Bizhub Colour devices, the copy quality goes straight down the drain.

Any one else experience this?

Regards,

copier addict
04-19-2017, 09:29 PM
Good day all,

I hope someone has an answer for me.
We have found that if you swop the K drum with any of the colour drums on the new Bizhub Colour devices, the copy quality goes straight down the drain.

Any one else experience this?

Regards,

I know you have to modify the black drum to get it to even fit into one of the colour slots. And once it is in there it doesn't produce an image.

Synthohol
04-19-2017, 09:54 PM
sounds like Konica got sick of people going the cheap modded route and created some safeguard to prevent people from doing just that.

copier addict
04-19-2017, 11:59 PM
sounds like Konica got sick of people going the cheap modded route and created some safeguard to prevent people from doing just that.

Sounds about right. Why let techs install a $100 drum when you can make them install $300 drum that is exactly the same.

Badhabit
04-20-2017, 06:32 AM
Sounds about right. Why let techs install a $100 drum when you can make them install $300 drum that is exactly the same.

Any way around this?
It is just ridiculous to pay twice the normal price, for the same part.

REGSIS
04-20-2017, 10:11 AM
Any way around this?
It is just ridiculous to pay twice the normal price, for the same part.

Didn't try it thou, but should be possible to buy a new black drum unit, disassemble: drum, charge roller (+ cleaner, if possible) and cleaning blade; assemble these new parts in old color drum unit casing.

Anyone tried this?

P.S. for 8 series only because 7 series colors are IU not drum unit.

Gift
04-28-2017, 02:06 PM
There's a small plastic part sitting at the front end of the drum unit near the OPC and regulating the distance to the dv assy. It's different between col+BK but not too hard to swap... just take a close look..

Badhabit
06-21-2017, 11:06 AM
Hi,

Do you perhaps have a picture showing the part?

Thank you

Badhabit
06-21-2017, 11:07 AM
There's a small plastic part sitting at the front end of the drum unit near the OPC and regulating the distance to the dv assy. It's different between col+BK but not too hard to swap... just take a close look..

Hi,

Do you perhaps have a picture showing the part?

Thank you

Custom Search