PDA

View Full Version : Brother MFC-215C print issue

Custom Search

dfabrici
04-19-2017, 08:15 PM
Hi, I have a 2006 Brother MFC-215C that is showing some strange signs, what can it be?
The print is out of focus and split. The issue is more evident on the edges. I've already tried aligning it via maintenance mode (code 65).
The strange thing is that if I print the fax user settings, it prints them with no issue at all.

Phil B.
04-19-2017, 08:19 PM
wow you want help but don't include samples of the issue nor do you tell us what you have done!

"doctor it hurts"

Where?

"i dunno"

What are you doing when you feel the pain?

" i'm not sure"

What time of day does it hurt?

"i'm not sure"

jeeez o flip

dfabrici
04-19-2017, 08:58 PM
Whooops! I scanned the sample image but forgot to attach as I sent the thread before finishing it! Sorry. As I said I tried the "advanced" alignment in the maintenance menu. The printer is of a friend of mine that said the issue started a few months ago, the printing image degraded over time.
Thanks in advance

Phil B.
04-19-2017, 09:08 PM
looks like it could be a fuser issue.

what are the lifes on the drums belt fuser laser?

dfabrici
04-19-2017, 09:17 PM
Thank you... The printer though is inkjet, not laser... Sorry if I created confusion or mistook something.

Phil B.
04-19-2017, 09:20 PM
Thank you... The printer though is inkjet, not laser... Sorry if I created confusion or mistook something.

then clean the print heads

dfabrici
04-19-2017, 09:40 PM
I just tried, both the normal and the power purge, nothing changed... Can it be some misaligning in the paper feed? I really have no idea..
I'm thinking.. Can it be a stained encoder strip?

NeoMatrix
04-19-2017, 09:47 PM
Is the encoder strip damaged or covered with ink ?

Has the print head been replaced ?
Check the print head serial number an input the correct print head serial number in maintenance mode.

HTH

Phil B.
04-19-2017, 09:53 PM
I just tried, both the normal and the power purge, nothing changed... Can it be some misaligning in the paper feed? I really have no idea..
I'm thinking.. Can it be a stained encoder strip?

so you haven't cleaned the encoder? clean encoder - feeds - glass - externals and lube the rails should be in every TOUCH of the machine.

dfabrici
04-19-2017, 10:01 PM
I'm sorry, I'm not a technician, so I don't have that much training in maintenance.
The print head is the original one, I just asked my friend, he never changed it.
I'll try checking the encoder strip.

Phil B.
04-20-2017, 04:06 PM
how many pages have been printed on it ? go to menu.... then reports... then user settings...

Custom Search