PDA

View Full Version : Error Code BH Press C7000 C-4661 yellow registration error

Custom Search

Desert Rat
04-20-2017, 06:06 AM
Code defined as "The color registration correction /Y has terminated abnormally."

Here's how it started. We had been running this machine most of the day. The drum numbers say
136% of use. The chargers and developers are at about 65% of use.
The prints still looked pretty good as they usually do long jobs on both machines.
I tried to open the process unit and it would not un-latch the right side.
I found the little hook thingy and manually operated it to open the process unit.
I have not dug into this much today as it happened at the end of the day.
Once I got it open I manually checked the sensor shutters and the rear one sticks a little.
I am wondering if the two occurrences are related? The code and the latching.
It had to be sticky for some time as I have not serviced these units for a couple of months.
I do remember seeing something in the book about the latch. I will look more tomorrow when
I will return to look at both of the C7000's. One with the touch screen problem and
this one too.
Naturally my customer is about to explode from stress with both machines effectively down.
He is using the creo controllers on both machines.
Needless to say it would be nice to get a quick reply to these problems.

Thanks

DR
Both units are in need of quality tune ups and fuser maintenance for some big jobs coming up.

MORGY
04-26-2017, 10:25 AM
Have you tried doing a Swap Test?

blackcat4866
04-26-2017, 08:46 PM
Have you tried doing a Swap Test?

That is very handy when you have two like machines side-by-each. Be aware there's a risk that both machines will end up with the same problem. =^..^=

Desert Rat
04-27-2017, 06:14 AM
Here's what I did. Most of the time, at least for me, I find most registration errors are caused by poor copy/print quality.

I have a couple of sets of used chargers and drums for trouble shooting. 1st, I replaced the charger and drum. Then I pulled out
the registration sensor assy. and cleaned it up and adjusted the spring on the rear sticky shutter.
Ran the auto gamma and then the auto registration. It passed both programs where as before, the machine would code out while
running the auto clr registration. Error one I believe. I just finished a PM on the north and south machines. The south machine is
the one that needs to have the control panel repaired.
Problem gone

DR

Custom Search