PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous How to reset Konica c220 drum unit?

Custom Search

jaderyan
04-24-2017, 12:20 PM
Hello,

I'm new in this forum and i don't speak english very good so please be kindly.
Thanks for anyone who will help.

I have a konica c220, it worked fine but now it shows something like it has the drum unit to be replaced (very expensive in my country).
i already google to find anyway to solve the problem. i found that it can be solved with chip but in my country we can't pay via internet.
i found also that i can update the firmware via internet directly from the printer, but i can't configure it because i'm stock in screen with error (change the drum unit).
i've searched to update the firmware manually by putting it on usb, but i didn't find anywhere the firmware update.

i can get into service mode but can't update via ftp or http

if anyone has an idea to fix it or can link me the firmware, it will be appreciated

thanks

copyman
04-24-2017, 12:43 PM
Updating firmware will not help with "replace drum message". You will need the chip. This is only way you will clear message. Perhaps if you know someone in another country they could buy it and mail to you. Since it is small it will fit in regular envelope. Cost is around $10 USD

jaderyan
04-24-2017, 12:57 PM
thank you very much, i've found this chip on internet, 10$ is ok but i can't buy it from my country, that's why i want to upgrade the firmware and hope that i can configure the machine to skip the endlife remember and still work again.

don't you have a link for this firmware please.

copyman
04-24-2017, 01:40 PM
perhaps I'm mistaken but once the message is on there is nothing that can be done except new chip. not aware of any firmware that will reset the consumables except some models that the toners didn't reset when new toner is installed.

jaderyan
04-24-2017, 02:10 PM
Thank you so much, but i want to try updating because i can't do anything more unless that. i've seen on internet that updating firmware will let the machine still work skipping the error of drum. i want to try this but i can't find the firmware anywhere

Elmo
04-24-2017, 02:17 PM
No it will not clear the message if your units are showing end of life please replace
updating firmware will not clear this message
the only way is to replace the units or replace the chips in the units

Newer firmware will only allow you to turn off the end of life warnings but only if the units are not already displaying end of life message

this is only a short term solution as at some point you will need to replace the drum unit as they will be worn out

jaderyan
04-24-2017, 02:28 PM
it's really bad for me, i hoped that if i had the firmware, it will help me. i'm discouraged

jaderyan
04-24-2017, 05:38 PM
idon't know if it's good or not idea to update but for now i don't have another issue.

please if anyone can give me a link, i want to try this for last ressort.

thank in advance.

copyman
04-24-2017, 06:03 PM
Sorry not sure how many times you need to hear it but you have received advice from technicians with many years of experience, they are telling you it can't be done once message is on display!

I know the bulletin you refer to. This firmware update is so you will never get the message to replace, but will NOT work once the message is on display. Also not sure but I think this is for Imaging units only. Transfer belt, Fuser,etc will still show to replace. Again there are fuses on the internet to reset these.

Do you or anyone you know have a relative in another country that can buy reset chip online then mail it to you?

Best of luck

copier tech
04-24-2017, 08:20 PM
The info in this thread is wrong! you can clear the "replace image unit message" WITHOUT replacing the chip.

You may not even need to update the firmware unless it is a very early version.

First change 2 soft switch settings then simply go into service mode, at the initial screen press stop>zero>C from this menu you can change the IU life stop from Normal to Suspend, then you can continue to copy/print.

See attached pdf

copyman
04-24-2017, 09:46 PM
I have a feeling this isn't over yet. I suspect this is an end user and next you will be assisting them with the soft switch changes. Really surprising to see a tech give out the enhanced security code. Since this site isn't password protected many end users will see this with a google search. Hope none of my "per call" customers see this and turn off messages!

copier tech
04-25-2017, 07:49 AM
To be honest this is an old discontinued model, they are mostly in 3rd world countries who need this kind of money saving support

copyman
04-25-2017, 08:01 AM
I hear what you're saying and I will help end users to a certain point.

I still have around thirty C220's in operation. Plus the enhanced security code you gave them works on the new models. I really don't want my customers in the service mode and especially not in the enhanced mode!

jaderyan
04-25-2017, 08:41 AM
Thanks for all your answers,

i'll try the solution gave below

Phil B.
04-25-2017, 03:45 PM
idon't know if it's good or not idea to update but for now i don't have another issue.

please if anyone can give me a link, i want to try this for last ressort.

thank in advance.

DUDE, you have been told by two different people that IF : machine is calling for drum to be replaced.. updating firmware will not HELP... get the chip or get a NEW drum... ONLY OPTIONS

jaderyan
04-25-2017, 04:45 PM
I followed instructions by "copier tech (http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/members/copier-tech.html)" and it works fine again, no more error message, i can copy, scan but print is not yet ok, if you could help with this again, it will be very appreciated

thank to all of you

copyman
04-25-2017, 11:15 PM
LOL, Told you it won't end.

copier tech
04-26-2017, 07:15 AM
I followed instructions by "copier tech (http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/members/copier-tech.html)" and it works fine again, no more error message, i can copy, scan but print is not yet ok, if you could help with this again, it will be very appreciated

thank to all of you

If you can copy in b/w & colour when you could not before then you have successfully disabled “life stop”

But if you can’t print but the blue data light flashes you may have user authentication or account track turned on.

Log in as an administrator at the machine, look for user authentication/account track & turn all off if on.

If this does not work then you will need the latest firmware installed.

If this is a machine you have just received you could do an “all clear” in CE mode. (system 1>initialization>clear all data then press start, wait around 30 seconds.)

jaderyan
04-26-2017, 12:52 PM
Hello,

big thanks again for your advices,

i had no account tracks but i clear all and then, now i can copy and print but the option for scanning is turnued off (the 2nd button on screen), it is not shown no more in web navigator.

i can't scan anymore, i can't configure it

i know i'm boring you but i need help again to bring scan working

thank you all

Synthohol
04-26-2017, 01:03 PM
make sure the HDD is turned on

jaderyan
04-26-2017, 01:43 PM
Very good advices about HDD, now all is coorect, copy, print, scan work again.

i know that i have to change unit one day.

THANKS TO ALL

copier tech
04-26-2017, 01:48 PM
Very good advices about HDD, now all is coorect, copy, print, scan work again.

i know that i have to change unit one day.

THANKS TO ALL

You're welcome, thanks for the update 😎

Custom Search