PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub 253, How to alter density/brightness when printing from mac.

Custom Search

jetprint
08-12-2008, 06:17 PM
Hi,

We have a bizhub 253 and we print via network from macs.

The printer is outputting jobs very dark and I wondered if there is any way of adjusting the density / brightness / exposure for the printer as there is settings for the copier.

We have called out our contract engineers but all they do is Image stabalize and reset over and over again and I dont think they are too interested in actually helping us find and solve the problem. I looked through some pages of the service manual whilst one was on site but didnt get time to digest enough info to try and rectify the settings.

The Quality adjust settings on the print driver dont give any helpful functional controll so ive had a look in the techrep service mode and there is several functions that look like they may help but I dont want to altr any settings that may adversly influence the machine.

From reading this forum all you guys are extreemley knowledgable and I hope someone might be able to help me adjust the printer? Or does anybody have a copy of the service manual for the 253 they can send me so I can try and digest to make the changes.

Many Thanks

minimerlin
08-12-2008, 08:12 PM
Run a test print from the user mode setting, if this looks normal it must be what is sent from your mac.

pepper38_cnd
08-12-2008, 11:35 PM
Are you saying you have no quality setting available when printing from your Mac? If so look and see if you have a security setting available from the pull down. I am assuming it is OS 10.X . If you have no security tab then the driver was pulled from the wrong location. Remove the printer and reinstall properly. make sure when printing photos you choose photo mode and the proper media for what you are printing onto.

Custom Search