PDA

View Full Version : Error Code Kyocera FS-4020DN - Cassette 1 Not loaded Error - Help needed

Custom Search

calm9076
04-25-2017, 04:53 PM
Hi, Can anyone help with a error message on a Kyocera FS-4020DN printer please. The printer has printed 200k+ pages and has had a full maintenance kit fitted just over 12 months ago. The printer reports Cassette 1 not loaded even though it is. I've checked the sliding tray guides and the tray all looks normal (normal signs of wear). The printer does not make any unusual noises but wont print from any of the 3 trays due the error. The black drop down paper detect arm is visible but there is no tension on the arm (checked all looks ok and spring attached etc). The paper tray lift motor does not appear to move so wondering if I might have a drive issue? Any help is great appreciated. I've checked the service manual but can't find any help here. I was expecting to find an obvious sensor that detects when the tray is present but I can't see one. Thanks Chris

vedder
04-26-2017, 04:38 PM
Hi, this may be no use to you at all, but you never know, do these trays have the round dial on the front which have the paper sizes on? I have had issues where that dial was inbetween paper sizes and the cassette wouldn`t be recognised.

Hope that might help.

calm9076
04-26-2017, 05:11 PM
Hi thanks for the reply and you were spot on!!. I never thought to check the front paper selector rotation dial and it was set to Paper 'Other'. Thanks for replying :).

Custom Search