PDA

View Full Version : KM Bizhub Pro c6500- Carriage Stuck

Custom Search

weskes
04-27-2017, 11:36 PM
Hey guys, I'm having a heck of a time trying to figure out why this process carriage section of this machine seems to just be seized. When I pull out the handles the hooks come out as usual and the handles are then at a 90 degree angle out from the machine as they should be but when i pull out the left side seems to have a little give but the right seems like it's stuck... has anyone ever had this happen and if so how did you fix it? I've hard rebooted the machine just to be safe and it's still stuck. Once again, any help would be very much appreciated. Thanks in advance!

blackcat4866
04-28-2017, 12:15 AM
IIRC it's the drum shafts that get stuck. Lubricating the drum shafts with conductive grease is a great preventative, but won't help you in this situation. I seem to recall tapping on the front end of each drum shaft until I found the one that sounded ... different. While pulling with medium pressure I continued to tap on that drum shaft until it released. =^..^=

Tech Helpdesk
05-02-2017, 11:55 AM
IIRC it's the drum shafts that get stuck. Lubricating the drum shafts with conductive grease is a great preventative, but won't help you in this situation. I seem to recall tapping on the front end of each drum shaft until I found the one that sounded ... different. While pulling with medium pressure I continued to tap on that drum shaft until it released. =^..^=

We use the same technique to get the process unit out, but if you are lucky and get the unit out clean the shafts with sandpaper and when finished we clean them with solvent to make all the muck is gone. One of ours was caused by the engineer spraying lube on a dirty shaft and the toner on it went hard causing the unit to get stuck in.

Good luck

Custom Search