PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub c550 warming up msg after bk imaging unit replacement

Custom Search

mntech
04-28-2017, 03:40 PM
Hey guys,
I replaced the k drum unit due to poor image quality, afterwards the machine sat at warming up for probably 10 minute before I decided to popo, machine came up, everything looked great. Now every couple days the customer has the problem with machine getting stuck at warming up until machine is power cycled. I changed fuser with a known good unit but problem persists.

Is it a coincidence this is happening after replacing bk unit, or do I have something wrong with this brand new imaging unit?

I saw another post on a bh600 with a dirty drum or bad dev causing this, but like I said...brand new imaging unit.

Let me know. Thanks!

mntech
05-02-2017, 04:22 PM
Update.

I stopped by again, usually by the time I get there, the machine is in working order, so I asked around to different people in the office and looked at service errors.

Seems like the machine has problems coming out of power saver, or in the morning, and also they are having weird things happening with the finisher. They had some C-225B faults that cleared with the front door open/close.

Based on this new information I am going to replace the DC Power Supply and see if that resolves all my issues.

Thanks.
MNTECH

Synthohol
05-02-2017, 11:03 PM
after replacing the image unit did you run the required adjustments?
max density and gradations?
if not that can be an issue.
warming up is not just fuser, its the image calibration as well.
IDC sensors clean?
toner trap door open when IU was set?
i dunno, jumping right to a power supply seems a bit hasty no?
did the black IU count go to zero?

blackcat4866
05-02-2017, 11:06 PM
after replacing the image unit did you run the required adjustments?
max density and gradations?
if not that can be an issue.
warming up is not just fuser, its the image calibration as well.
IDC sensors clean?
toner trap door open when IU was set?
i dunno, jumping right to a power supply seems a bit hasty no?
did the black IU count go to zero?

There you go, reading my mind again. =^..^=

rrrohan
05-03-2017, 02:17 AM
Ive had to replace machines power supply due to similar issue with it forgetting it has a finisher when coming out of power save mode

femaster
05-07-2017, 04:28 AM
Ive had to replace machines power supply due to similar issue with it forgetting it has a finisher when coming out of power save mode

I've seen the same thing on this line, and had to replace the power supply on 3 different copiers to date.

Problem always happened first thing in the morning, after waking up for the first time each day. It would wake up with an error code, which the customer always cleared by opening and closing the front access door. Then, non-stop jamming, which they cleared up by rebooting the copier. The first time I dealt with this, I was there multiple times trying to figure out what the problem was. The customer would always have things cleared up before I got there, so I finally had to tell them, just leave it alone until I get there so I could see what was going on.

I cleared the error, then started to deal with the jams. Always jammed at the copier exit unit. I happened to notice that on the jam screen there was no image of the finisher. Rebooted and it was back. Tried out a power supply and never had a problem since.

Of course, this isn't in any way indicating this is the problem of the OP, just reiterating what rrrohan stated.

Custom Search