PDA

View Full Version : Rebuilding BizHub transfer belts ???

Custom Search

copyman
04-29-2017, 12:51 PM
Has anyone replaced just the belt on the bizhub 552 B&W model or the C224 / C654 series and is it difficult to do? I see you can buy aftermarket belts to rebuild these and save a lot of $$$. I didn't see any Trans belt cleaning blades for these newer models so I would just be changing the belt. Hate to use just the belt but don't see a blade available from my suppliers. Looking at the aftermarket belts online the same belt is used for the 552 & color C654, etc.

I've had good success rebuilding the C203 series transfer belts so was thinking about trying it on these newer models. Transfer belt cleaning blades are available for the older models.

Thanks in advance

blackcat4866
04-29-2017, 02:49 PM
They come apart easy enough. The thing I would worry about is continuing to use that old dried out cleaner blade. =^..^=

copyman
04-29-2017, 03:19 PM
Hey Blackcat. Thanks for the reply. I was thinking the same thing with using the old blade. I will look again to see if I can find the blade, maybe same blade is used in another transfer belt unit?

Take care

habik
04-29-2017, 05:56 PM
They come apart easy enough. The thing I would worry about is continuing to use that old dried out cleaner blade. =^..^=

Would long term soak/ dipping of the tip of the blade in silicon oil or similar help it to refresh?

Sent from my iDon't believe in marketing device using Tapatalk

blackcat4866
04-29-2017, 06:49 PM
Would long term soak/ dipping of the tip of the blade in silicon oil or similar help it to refresh?

Sent from my iDon't believe in marketing device using Tapatalk

I think that would be a bad thing. Most of the cleaning blades I see are made of neoprene. IFAIK there is no way of reviving the material once the solvents leave it. Do you remember what happened on the Canon RDFI document feeders when a petrolium based cleaner was used regularly on the neoprene rollers? They turned from translucent rubber to gray chewing gum, and fell right off of the shaft, or glued themselves to a guide plate.

=^..^=

copyman
04-29-2017, 10:04 PM
I remember those old canon and even some ricoh ADF rollers that turned back to glue. What a mess! I think some of the material breakdown was from heat, those old exp lamps were hot:mad:. Oh yea I remember another one, think it was the Sharp SF-2020 that the exit rollers would break down to glue after just a few years! Talk about picking the wrong material to be near the fuser:D

EarthKmTech
04-30-2017, 09:04 AM
on a side note, we don't even use black belts at all, we put the colour ones in everything. For some odd reason the black belts cost more than the colour ones here. I am not complaining as it saves having to carry yet another part around.

Though wont be able to do that on the 8 series black machines with their permanently pressed first transfer roller versus the colour version (cost cutting)

copier tech
04-30-2017, 10:00 AM
The C284/e series is such a reliable machine why would you want to jeperdise that? The original transfer belt units easily go twice over life even 3 times! i'd never going down that route, keep all the parts & toners original KM & you'll have an excellent reliable machine & a happy customer who will keep renewing their contract!

copyman
04-30-2017, 11:18 PM
LOL. Turns out the Biz 552, C654, etc transfer belt units don't have a cleaning blade. I should've taken apart first before starting this thread. From what I saw taking top cover off transfer belt waste box looks like it uses a cleaning roller along with a steel roller. The steel roller has a thin metal scraper blade. Unless waste box has to be taken completely off to see blade I didn't see one?

Don't think I ever saw transfer belt not use a blade, but I have seen a roller instead of a blade on Kip wide formats. Most of the Kip models don't use drum cleaning blades.

Custom Search