PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub c500 pro light cyan

Custom Search

captkirk
08-13-2008, 05:39 PM
We have a Bizhub C500 pro. the cyan will not tone up to color.
too light.
new developer and toner.
drums less than 20,000
new transfer belt and rollers. two weeks ago.
200pm kit installed two weeks ago
all adjustment have been made again & again
was running fine and the cyan started getting lighter and lighter.
we can manually add toner and it still does not get any darker.

Si@danwood
08-13-2008, 06:03 PM
Hi there,just wondered how many outputs the machine has done in total because the dev units are worn out after 600k and will need replacing!The only other issue i have come acroos was a pulled wiring loom on the front of the process carriage(TCR connector) but this would normally give a code,and obvious ones like user changing density settings in admin tools Good Luck ....Si

Luther
08-13-2008, 06:17 PM
How is the image on the drum? check the transfer roller, are you sure toner is being added when you manually do it? check and make sre toner is dropping into the dv unit, good luck

Si@danwood
08-13-2008, 06:25 PM
Hi again.Just an obvious question but is the write unit sheild glass clean?Also it may be worth swopping the write unit with another colour to see if the problem transgresses(dont swop with the K unit though it wont work)

captkirk
08-13-2008, 10:43 PM
ok here we go
we replaced the dv unit with another one also changing the developer in it. Not a new one but one we had on the shelf.
it also had the same results.
we took write unit out cleaned lens again and swapped with yellow.
the only change we saw is a little tiny strip at the lead edge of the sheet was darker. it was almost to color. about 1/16th of an inch.
the yellow was still fine.
we are running color registration now and coming up with error 2. which means it out too much. that will be fixed soon. took 4 times to adjust but it is there.

we had a machine do this before on the black, we replaced drums & developer and it ran smooth.

this is driving me crazy

beano
08-14-2008, 02:54 AM
check the charge wire is ok sometimes the wire is on the wrong side of the post

pspahr
08-14-2008, 03:03 AM
check the charge wire is ok sometimes the wire is on the wrong side of the post

And Beano is our winner!!!!!!!

came here to say that, he beat me to it.

captkirk
08-14-2008, 01:55 PM
OK we got it.
problem solved
the reason the cyan was coming out light was the blades on the developer unit was set to tight. to close
we back them off the roller and it is back to color.
we thought of this earlier but we did nothing about it. stupid!!!!!
if the solution to this problem needs to be posted somewhere else in case someone else has the problem please let me know.
thanks you everyone for your help.
I hope by our problem we might solve it for someone else in the future.

Si@danwood
08-14-2008, 08:34 PM
Hi dont wanna put out your fire but you said in an earlier thread you had replaced the developer unit itself and you still got the same problem!!Now unless there is a manufacturing issue (which could be if KM has changed it suppliers)it is highly unlikely that 2 random units would give the same fault!!!Especially as one unit had worked perfectly previously!!!:confused::confused::confused:
However great news you sorted the problem....Si

Custom Search