PDA

View Full Version : C224e crunching paper sound and creasing on duplex A3

Custom Search

barber782
05-02-2017, 05:04 PM
Hi guys,

Got a problem with C224e, where the machine makes a crunching sound and creases the paper slightly on A3 duplex only. Both trays do the same.
Checked and replaced duplex door, side door with exit unit.
It Sounds like its catching somewhere as it enters the duplex unit.
Firmware is up to date.

Any ideas?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

blackcat4866
05-02-2017, 11:36 PM
On higher volume machines it's common to see lumps of toner collecting on the paper guides, yes both metal and plastic. On the plastic guides, a small pocket knife will scrape away most lumps of toner. On the metal I prefer the chemical solution: D-ink. =^..^=

Eresources
05-03-2017, 07:47 AM
Check the rollers directly above the fuser unit. There's 4 of them in a row. The plastic rollers gather toner on them over time and can cause that noise. If it's them, you might also see indentation on the pages like a fuser roller de-lamination or contamination. It's not on all of those rollers, sometimes it's just one.

Albonline
05-03-2017, 07:42 PM
Hi guys,

Got a problem with C224e, where the machine makes a crunching sound and creases the paper slightly on A3 duplex only. Both trays do the same.
Checked and replaced duplex door, side door with exit unit.
It Sounds like its catching somewhere as it enters the duplex unit.
Firmware is up to date.

Any ideas?

have seen a few of the 4/e series do similar thing . the return spring on the diverter gate is too tight or the solenoid is too weak /needing adjustment . have also seen interference to movement of the gate . take a good look at the turnaround /diverter gate area.

barber782
05-04-2017, 08:07 PM
Will do. Was looking in that sort of area. Will report back my findings

barber782
05-08-2017, 08:45 PM
Looked and replace whole exit assembly but still does the same thing. Also replaced the clutch that engages the duplex rollers.
Really puzzled now.

allan
05-08-2017, 08:59 PM
Is the toner fused under the crinkles?
Always carry a pocket knife...

Gaffers01
05-09-2017, 11:00 AM
Start by opening the side door when the a3 paper is half fed through from the paper tray,
and check if its coming out square (any skewing will effect A3 worse so will end up creasing badly by the time it goes through the fusing unit).
If its not coming out square replace feed rollers.

There was an issue with early models that the fuser exit guide was causing creasing so may need to replace the fusing unit.

Also try printing the Lattice Pattern in service menu to see if the paper is square or not.

floody
05-09-2017, 11:29 AM
have you tried putting fresh paper lol

barber782
05-09-2017, 12:30 PM
Hi, replace fuser already. Manually feed paper through to see if it catches and squared. Everything looks fine. And yes iv put fresh paper Floody.

floody
05-09-2017, 12:34 PM
best bet is to try crashing the machine when its printing to try and see what area its creasing the paper, have you tried it from the MP tray?

Eresources
05-09-2017, 11:59 PM
Recently we've been seeing the registration roller bushings start to gum up and cause the paper timing to go out. On A3 it would be worse as it's running under pressure longer. You have to remove and disassemble the unit to clean it. That's a bit of fun. :)

Lync
05-10-2017, 06:04 AM
I had a copier doing this only when duplexing A4 landscape, A3 and portrait A4 were fine. I took out the reversal unit on the top of the right hand door and in the paper feed path there was a 2mm gap on the front side and 5mm gap on the rear side looked like it was from factory. I replaced the reversal unit with another and it fixed the issue.

barber782
05-10-2017, 08:43 AM
Nice, will strip down reg unit and clean accordingly. Already replaced reversal unit on door, unless there is problem with that one to.

mthomasebs
06-01-2017, 09:43 AM
A good way to check if you need to even clean the registration bearings is to just manually roll the reg roller, if it feels sluggish or restricted, then definitely clean it out. If it rolls freely, the problem lies elsewhere.

Custom Search