PDA

View Full Version : Konica Minolta Bizhub 283 receives faxes intermittantly

Custom Search

callmefirst
05-03-2017, 08:25 PM
I have a Bizhub 283 that sends faxes ok but will not receive all the time, if you call the fax number it is busy. The phone company says the line is ok. Any help is appreciated

afterhours
05-03-2017, 10:00 PM
Here is some basic stuff to try.

Make sure phone cable is plugged into line,
turn off error correction mode (ECM)
slow down the reception speed.
make sure destination is set to US
Make sure you have recent firmware

Let me know if these dont work

blackcat4866
05-04-2017, 12:05 AM
There's a lot of valuable information on the fax log.

1) Figure out how many seconds per page transmission/reception times. 7-15 seconds per page is wonderful. 16-30 seconds per page is OK. 30-60 seconds per page is not so good. 7 minutes is very bad. I remember one particular overseas transmission that was on the line for 1 hour and 53 minutes (3 pages).
2) Look up the error messages.
3) Observe if it's the same one or two phone numbers failing every time. Call those phone numbers from your cell. There may be a very good reason that a fax does not go through: "This line has been disconnected ...", "You have reached the voicemail of Donald Trump...", "You have not selected a long distance carrier...", "Hello??...", a "9" is needed, a "9" is not needed, deafening static.

Just because the phone company tells you that a particular line is suitable for voice communication, does not mean that it will transmit a fax. VOIP lines will drive you to drink. =^..^=

Custom Search