PDA

View Full Version : KM Bizhub C450 imaging unit install fail?

Custom Search

nyclad
05-04-2017, 08:55 PM
Hi guys,

A few months ago, I replaced the cyan imaging unit on my KM Bizhub C450 and everything worked fine immediately. I didn't do a gradation adjustment as everything seemed to work well.

I just replaced the magenta imaging unit, and it doesn't seem to work, I'm probably missing a step or something here. During warmup, there are a series of loud clicking noises I don't recall hearing on the cyan imaging unit replacement. The magenta is extremely faint with the new imaging unit. I've attached the demo page.

I tried to do a gradation adjustment according to page 33, but gradation adjustment refuses to work. I looked up page 306, and read the instructions carefully, and I have A3 paper loaded, but I can't get it to start. When I press the start button, it sounds like it's going, but ultimately no gradation page is printed.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

kenpio
05-04-2017, 10:00 PM
Some times what happens here is that the developer is jammed up if the unit was sitting too long. What I usually do is shake the unit and use some pliers and turn the developer to free it up. If that does not work the Image Unit is bad. Hope that helps.

KEN

Flash
05-04-2017, 10:03 PM
Looks like you have a bad imaging unit.if you still have the old one you can take the chip off the the new one to be sure.It is just 2 screws holding the chip on. See if you can return the bad one.

nyclad
05-04-2017, 10:15 PM
Thanks guys. I'll try shaking (I shook it up according to instructions upon installation) some more/ maybe more vigourously, and turning the dev.

I'm sure hoping this isn't a bad unit...:mad:

nyclad
05-05-2017, 09:55 PM
Hi guys,

Using needle nose pliers to turn the little white plastic knob at the other end of the imaging unit worked. That and a combination of a bit of "vigorous" tapping against the carpeted floor...
There's no clicking noise upon startup either. I guess the developer most likely caked up sitting in a warehouse somewhere.
The magenta is very vivid now. :)

Thanks guys! Glad I didn't have to send the imaging unit back and wait on a new one.

copier tech
05-06-2017, 09:29 AM
See this a lot now as they are so old. KM changed the shape of the boxes to prevent them from being stored on one end, but this didnt really help.

nyclad
05-06-2017, 06:11 PM
Well, that didn't last long, about 120 prints later, the magenta imaging unit went kaput. It went back to how it was before with little to no magenta. More vigorous shaking and turning the wheels with pliers didn't do anything. :mad:

I'm getting a return on it. I'm going to use a different company in case the supplier I bought the old/defective unit from has a whole stock of old units.

I knew this was too good to be true, I acquired this KM Bizhub C450 machine from an auction of a local community college's office machines for $170. It's a bit frustrating trying to get it working like new again.

Thanks for the tips and advice guys.

Custom Search