PDA

View Full Version : DF-701

Custom Search

Cookr
05-08-2017, 09:16 PM
Working on this a DF-701 feeder that I keep getting a c-6105 code on. I have replaced the CIS sensor(ps7) , CIS motor (M5) and the Control board (DFCB) and still I get the C-6105 code when doing 2 sided only will work just fine 1 sided. Happens with copying, scanning and faxing. Looking for some ideas thanks.

Also have updated the firmware

Woxner
05-08-2017, 10:01 PM
replace the reader cable for two side

Cookr
05-10-2017, 02:20 PM
I was working on this yesterday and I replace the ADF Cable that connects to the second side reader (A3CEN11711) and still no luck. weird thing is if I spin the wheel that move the cleaning roller out of home position and then scan in the documents it works no problem then I let it reset its self and run them again and bam c-6105 again :mad:

copier addict
05-10-2017, 02:31 PM
I was working on this yesterday and I replace the ADF Cable that connects to the second side reader (A3CEN11711) and still no luck. weird thing is if I spin the wheel that move the cleaning roller out of home position and then scan in the documents it works no problem then I let it reset its self and run them again and bam c-6105 again :mad:

That code points directly at the CIS cleaner sensor, motor or DF control board. Check that the sensor is being block and unblocked in proper timing. Service manual suggest replacing sensor, motor or DF control board. In that order

Cookr
05-10-2017, 03:51 PM
Yep unfortunately i have already changed all that. From what i can tell the timing is fine when it does run the cleaning roller spins and stops with every sheet

allan
05-10-2017, 05:59 PM
Jee on every page seems excessive. Have you done an error clear under Initialization?
I am getting more problems that simply seems software related.

blackcat4866
05-10-2017, 08:24 PM
The only way you can be sure the timing is right is to compare it to a know wiring DF. The are markings that are nearly impossible to read. =^..^=

Cookr
05-24-2017, 08:03 PM
OK I went out to this call yesterday and replace the dual scan board that is in the back of the machine that the cord plugs into and still getting this code and the next step I would think would be the CIS but its very expensive to get not knowing if it is even the problem which i don't think it is anyway. Any more ideas??? thanks

Cookr
05-24-2017, 08:05 PM
Oh yeah another question is there a way to just disable the second side scanning and make it work just like a RADF so it just pulls the paper back in?

blackcat4866
05-24-2017, 08:08 PM
Oh yeah another question is there a way to just disable the second side scanning and make it work just like a RADF so it just pulls the paper back in?

Did you happen to mention what MFP this DF is on? My psychic powers are just not that great in the afternoon.

You could go to service mode > System1 > Problem Unit Isolation Set > DF > UnSet ... or you could just power down the MFP, unplug the DF, then power back up. Same effect in the end. =^..^=

Cookr
05-24-2017, 08:15 PM
Did you happen to mention what MFP this DF is on? My psychic powers are just not that great in the afternoon. =^..^=

lol sorry its actually on a Muratec MFX-C3680 which is the equivalent to a BH 364 I believe

EarthKmTech
05-25-2017, 12:15 AM
If the page stalls just after pickup and the second side cleaning brush has rotated for the CIS to see the white reference section and the self adjustment fails, the machine is too stupid to know what to do in this instance and will not return the brush to the home position and will produce the 6105 error code.

I have had the MFP board cause this very issue.

For absolute confidence it's the MFP board, try another DF-701, it will do exactly the same thing if it is.

KMFLT3CH
05-25-2017, 01:47 PM
I had this on a 454e - replaced the black Displayport/CIS cable (A3CEN11711), sensor (PS7), motor (M5) and DF board that the service manual suggested. The problem went away for a couple weeks but eventually came back. Tried another DF-701, same problem.

Tech support had me clean the two white 50pin flat ribbon cables. One goes from the Dual Scan board to the MFP board, another from the PRCB to the MFP board. Pull them out, clean the contacts with rubbing alcohol and blow out the connectors on the board with compressed air if you wish. The machine has not come back for months now.

Cookr
06-01-2017, 01:54 PM
Tired everything suggested but no luck with that. Ended up going into the service mode and adjusting the home position sensor and that solved it...so far lol but thanks for the help.

Custom Search