PDA

View Full Version : Problem Printing to 11x17 C500

Custom Search

QMS
08-14-2008, 03:14 PM
We are relatively new to this machine; however are having problems printing to 11x17 to any tray. The model is unit has IC405. It simply will not print to 11 x17 but appears to work fine to 8 1/2 x 11. Thought it might to a driver issue or software as we are printing from PDF. Tried printing through Indesign via Mac OS 10.3 and PDF's through reader with XP Pro. Can not find the User CD to run Fiery Printer Delete Utility to install a new drive. Under properties of printer it will not allow driver to be updated. Have downloaded new driver via Konica web site. Any help would be appreciated.

laserman06
08-15-2008, 12:41 AM
Couple of questions:

1. Can you copy on 11X17?

2. What do you mean it won't print on 11X17? Do you mean that you can not choose it? or that it says to load 11X17?

3. Is the driver installed on a server or on each PC?

random
08-15-2008, 08:20 AM
Is 11x17 is in the driver or is this a custom size? I would send your image down to the rip set the size via command workstation and select scale to fit.

QMS
08-15-2008, 01:24 PM
Guys: Thanks for response. We are able to copy to 11 x17 OK and 11 x17 is a media option; however can not get document to print correctly to 11 x17 (ie image will be shifted or not printed at all. The drivers are installed on individual PC's and a Mac. We tried printing from various versions of Adobe Acrobat and Indesign thinking it was a software issue. Loaded a new driver on another PC (IC405 v2.1) but appears to be same. Strange thing iy will print to 8 x11" fine. Tried printing from various trays with 11 x17 also. The model is from 2005. Firmware???

QMS
08-15-2008, 05:43 PM
Starting to get a little frustrating. Am able to get to print but image is shifting to the higher right. Tried couple different files and settings within the print screen. Any other insight or recommendations?

Doreen
08-15-2008, 06:24 PM
Hi all,
My Konica 7150 (SE FL near Fort Laud in Davie) wouldn't print b/c of the front cover trigger not going into slot to tell the machine it's closed. So I ordered new front cover (busted up mount/base where the metal trigger goes) which will come Aug 23 or 24th.

In the meantime, I taped the trigger into the slot & closed the door. It prints ONE page, like a test page just fine. Then it says NO Table Data in the readout on top of machine and ignores all other documents sent to it.

Is this likely a Separate issue or the same?

I appreciate any/all help & advice.
Thanks, Doreen

random
08-16-2008, 01:16 AM
OK - do you have command workstation loaded? what paper size does command workstation say the size of the page is.

Doreen
08-16-2008, 02:52 PM
Command workstation? We have a computer on the floor next to the printer but not with monitor if that's what you mean... It just works along with no major hassles for months til now. W2K driver I think.

The readout on top of the machine says No Table Data
We got the Other (hp) printer fixed yesterday, but now the main Konica ptr still won't work.
Someone changed the port on printserver yesterday I put it on lpt1 which is where I Thought it was... We share the printers in the network & the hp is on DOT 4... something now. The Konica is hooked up with parallel cable & HP by usb-type connection that came with it.

Custom Search