PDA

View Full Version : Light K tones not printing on C6500

Custom Search

adeyemi
05-10-2017, 02:01 PM
The k prints 100% solid very well but lower percentages of k tones prints very light. You have to make it up to 60% to see any black print. The black is almost completely blank for lower percentages than 60%. The other colors are printing well. The IPB, K Write unit and Write unit cables have been replaced without any resolution.

Phil B.
05-10-2017, 02:09 PM
The k prints 100% solid very well but lower percentages of k tones prints very light. You have to make it up to 60% to see any black print. The black is almost completely blank for lower percentages than 60%. The other colors are printing well. The IPB, K Write unit and Write unit cables have been replaced without any resolution.

were the colors calibrated? laser lens cleaned ?

adeyemi
05-10-2017, 02:15 PM
were the colors calibrated? laser lens cleaned ?

Yes, Laser lenses were cleaned. If you mean calibration of the print controller, yes....i calibrated using the i-one calibrator through command work station, because i use IC408. The point however is that even the internal test prints that does not pass through the IC408 shows the problem.

Desert Rat
05-12-2017, 02:05 AM
What else have you done for this problem? Were the drums, dev and chargers recently replaced?
I will usually check the Gamma sensor offset. Adjust the gain so you can see a 10% patch between
the lines. Check this adjustment in the book first. I will check this after PM's and if other quality issues
appear.

DR

Synthohol
05-12-2017, 12:04 PM
you need to calibrate the engine first controller last.
follow the sequence you would do after a PM.

Custom Search