PDA

View Full Version : Konica Minolta C224e Service Mode Password

Custom Search

koaslosa
05-10-2017, 11:48 PM
Hi,

Is there a way to bypass or remove the Service mode password?

Someone if they can help me.
Thank you!

Rikk811
05-11-2017, 01:24 AM
By service mode password, you mean the CE password once you enter service mode? Then yes,if you mean stop 00 stop 01, then no.
The CE password can be disabled in service mode
Stop 0 9
CE authentication (I think)
Then disable

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

peter42
05-11-2017, 10:21 PM
Hi Rik,
its not funny if endusers get the service mode avaialble.
they try something and in badest case they crash the mashine.
Dont spray these information in publicity.
Technicians knows these.

Have Fun.

copier tech
05-11-2017, 10:36 PM
Hi Rik,
its not funny if endusers get the service mode avaialble.
they try something and in badest case they crash the mashine.
Dont spray these information in publicity.
Technicians knows these.

Have Fun.

This info is actually wrong so dont worry!

darry1322
05-11-2017, 10:52 PM
Hi,

Is there a way to bypass or remove the Service mode password?

Someone if they can help me.
Thank you!

By service mode password, you mean the CE password once you enter service mode? Then yes,if you mean stop 00 stop 01, then no.
The CE password can be disabled in service mode
Stop 0 9
CE authentication (I think)
Then disable

This. But you have to know the current password to make the changes.

copyman
05-11-2017, 10:53 PM
Yes if end users come here to avoid paying a tech then it's hurts the business. And I have said before why give the enhanced security mode over the internet. Bad enough giving out the reg service mode!

I'm willing to help my customers over the phone or someone online. I do it all the time but has to be within reason.

Be careful whoever goes out on a limb giving this info out, things have a way of coming around to bite you in the ass! Wait until one of your customers finds this forum and gets the code for one of your machines, makes changes in service mode, screws it up then doesn't tell you they were in service mode pushing buttons! That will be a fun one for you, bring your lunch.

DUDE WAKE UP!

Synthohol
05-11-2017, 11:00 PM
hehe, if a customer changes ANY password and does not tell us it becomes a billable call immediately.
let the clock begin!
hey if you have a contract and you play around in service mode without a tech on the phone to properly guide you that voids your contract and $$$ for us.

habik
05-12-2017, 12:08 AM
Yes if end users come here to avoid paying a tech then it's hurts the business. And I have said before why give the enhanced security mode over the internet. Bad enough giving out the reg service mode!

I'm willing to help my customers over the phone or someone online. I do it all the time but has to be within reason.

Be careful whoever goes out on a limb giving this info out, things have a way of coming around to bite you in the ass! Wait until one of your customers finds this forum and gets the code for one of your machines, makes changes in service mode, screws it up then doesn't tell you he was in service mode pushing buttons! That will be a fun one for you, bring your lunch.

DUDE WAKE UP!

Drawing such scenario, does this mean that you don't have CE password setup on your machines? :D

copyman
05-12-2017, 01:26 AM
he-he:cool:

emujo2
05-12-2017, 01:26 PM
The CE password is only a 2nd layer of security, it is not required to be ON or enforced. The only reason I would even mention it to a customer is if they choose to enforce that higher level of secured access. At this point I would open service mode to the CE password entry field, walk away and have the customer enter their password choice. I have a few accounts that absolutely do not want a tech coming in and performing a HDD format so this prevents this. If SM access is needed, the POC enters the CE password for the tech. If customer loses the password I have a signed doc stating they have to pay the per hour charge and board replacement if needed. That being said, leaving the CE password ON is, in most of my accounts, mandatory. I use the remote panel tool frequently and this feature is not available w/o the CE password being ON.

For a fairly secure MPF I recommend the following

1. Admin password changed from the default
2. SSL On for User and Admin SSL Cert built on 2048-SHA256
3. CE password ON, changed from the default
4. Bizhub Secure ON for HDD lock, encryption and Data overwrite
5. User authentication enforced
6. All unused protocols disabled

And, like a few of the previous posters mentioned, showing the world any manufacturer's default passwords is dumb, and I certainly hope it comes back to bite you one day. If you want to help someone use the PM feature to share this info. Emujo

Synthohol
05-12-2017, 07:43 PM
Any id10t can Google what the password is and get an answer. Usually when we post it there is a better chance of us assisting past that point so nothing gets screwed up.
If we were the only site doing it I would agree about confidentiality and such but in today's time you can perform an appendectomy by following along with a youtube video.
In this digital age all bets are off with regard to privileged and proprietary info.

emujo2
05-12-2017, 08:54 PM
I agree with you that the info is already out there, but since it is, would you mind posting your bank routing number, and password info so I can rob you blind??? I mean I may have to look a little harder, if you won't help, but hey, I'm just trying to save some time. LOL Emujo

Synthohol
05-12-2017, 10:57 PM
bank accts and SS#s are PERSONAL info, copier passwords are on a much different level.
i do see the point of trying to keep "confidential" and "proprietary" info to just us certified techs.
that was years ago before google had the world database of info.
hell, Paul was selling manuals here to anyone with a paypal, i dont remember seeing anyone ostracize or ban him for it.
i just dont see the point anymore.

copyman
05-12-2017, 11:18 PM
Paul, God rest his soul was banned from several other sites for trying to sell manuals. Was puzzled why they allowed it here.

I don't have a problem with end users getting a hold of the service manual online. Service manuals dont have enhanced security passwords. Plus I've found most of the time an end user tries to service their copier, even with the manual, you tube videos, etc it ends up costing them at least 2 times what it would of cost if they just called a tech to begin with!

If a tech is compelled to help someone with the password's why not send it to them privately?

Custom Search