PDA

View Full Version : IC-304 CREO driver set up

Custom Search

GC-SCO
08-14-2008, 08:40 PM
Hi folks does anyone have experience on setting up one of these up. I have fitted to a c5500 after upgrading the firmware on it.It prints on its own to the machine but I am having problems installing the print driver from the CREO download section to other workstations for other users to use as aprinter.If any one has done this can they let me know.cheers

random
08-15-2008, 08:24 AM
What sort of problems? Typically you would type in \\ipaddress in explorer and this will bring up the queues. Double click on store or print and the queue is added to your client. Shoudln't be harder than that!

GC-SCO
08-15-2008, 08:56 AM
thanks for that I will give it a try. I had been trying to add it to desktops in the usual way,ut it would not print.I had downloaded the driver from browsing the Creo through my address bar though.

random
08-15-2008, 09:10 AM
I assume usual way is adding a tcp/ip printer - If you do it that way you need to select LPR and use the port name of store or print. For a fiery this would be hold and print.

konisolver
08-15-2008, 02:36 PM
Creos are not like your typical printer installation. For Creo's you create virtual printers with all of the parameters i.e. (IC-301\BOOKLET or IC-304\Glossy) then browse the network or thru bonjour for macs. Then simply connect to that VP(virtual printer.)If you need the PPD for MACS go into the utilities folder and you will see all the necessary files to complete your installation.

random
08-16-2008, 01:19 AM
You can install it like a typical printer you just need the queue name to be the same as the virtual printer name.

GC-SCO
08-18-2008, 02:34 PM
cheers Random I did it your way and it seems to be okay. Does seem kinda slow though any other ideas

Custom Search