PDA

View Full Version : C30P transfer belt

Custom Search

fixthecopier
08-15-2008, 03:50 AM
I had a C30P with 43,000 prints on it and it started leaving a stripe on the outside of the page about a quarter inch in from the edge, on either side. The stripe was about 3 or 4 mm wide and would be the base toner colors. It might start as magenta and a third of the way down the page turn into yellow and then cyan. It would come and go, not on all of the pages. I changed the transfer roller and it got worse, I change the belt and it went away. My question is "what was arching off ?" and "can I fix the old belt ?"

stebro
08-19-2008, 02:34 AM
I'm pretty sure that although the belt has a life expectancy of 120 k, the wiper has probably lost it's elasticity at the ends (possibly because of heavy toner loads at the ends?? maybe because the ends are weakest with no more blade to help stiffen it) If you could get another wiper to try.. However, You wont see any parts like these sold now or in the near future as the belt is not a serviceable item..

fixthecopier
08-19-2008, 11:27 AM
I was thinking charge, because the line would be even, the same width down the page, and it would pull one color at a time, not mixing them, just plain cyan, magenta, or yellow.

Custom Search