PDA

View Full Version : BH Press C7000- Started out printing heavy magenta background now it's yellow C2852.

Custom Search

Desert Rat
05-12-2017, 02:51 AM
:confused:
My customer called me with a C2840 code. "The IDC sensor (IDCS)
output value is detected not within the specified range on the IDC sensor
(IDCS) base correction when the rough adjustment ends."
He had several 12X18 samples on 100lb gloss text paper. The background was edge to edge and images could be seen
through the magenta.
I looked inside and saw the registration senor assembly
covered with toner. Some toner could be seen inside the lens of the front registration sensor.
I pulled out the unit and cleaned it off, lens and all. Wipe down the laser windows. Vacuum up the toner.
Cleaned the paper path, as toner was falling into the path. Put the vacuum on the waste toner ports.
Changed the box filter on the right side. I also vacuumed out the high voltage contacts on the back wall
of the process cavity.
I thought this odd. For 2 years I have been servicing these two C7000's and have never had this problem.
I had just done a PM on these two machines less than 40K pages ago. I did install a transfer rebuild kit in this
machine also.

This machine also gave me a C2452. "When the developing motor /M (M21) is ON, the maximum detection value
of TCR sensor /M (TCRS/ M) is the specified value and the difference between the maximum detection value and the
minimum detection value is over the specified value."

I looked at the magenta drum and it was covered with magenta toner, very heavy.
So the next time I tried to print it gave me C2451, "When the developing motor /Y (M20) is ON, the maximum detection value
of TCR sensor /Y (TCRS/ Y) is the specified value and the difference between the maximum detection value and the
minimum detection value is over the specified value."
Ran test prints and they all had a heavy yellow background. Ran I/O programs to add toner to the yellow. The toner senor voltage
was 4.6vdc. I can bring it down. But it still prints the yellow background which depletes the toner in the mix.

So it started out with heavy magenta background and ends with heavy yellow background. What the hell happen?
Tried using a used drum in the yellow spot just to see if I could see a change in the symptom. Nope that didn't happen.
So do I have 1 or 2 issues? Excessive toner dusting and heavy yellow background or did one cause the other? And why
did it change from magenta to yellow?
Are these machines prone to collect to much toner in the waste tubes backing up the system? If this was an old Kodak
I would say the developer bias voltage shorted out. But it's not. I tried to run test prints with the yellow density at 0 and it
gave the heavy background.

Naturally it's crunch time for the customer with lots of big full color jobs to run.

Thanks for listening and any help

DR

blackcat4866
05-13-2017, 01:58 AM
It would be instructive to see if the cyan developing unit was swapped with yellow, if the color background changed.

Yes the developing units are interchangeable.
Yes you will contaminate the developer with wrong color toner, but it won't be in there very long. Just for a few images. And it will self correct with use.

The same goes with drums, primary charge units, and lasers (don't move the black one unless absolutely necessary).

I tried something similar to this on a Toshiba. This is what happened when I swapped a magenta imaging unit with a cyan imaging unit. =^..^=

Desert Rat
05-15-2017, 11:22 PM
Blackcat,
Thank you for the reply. After the last PM I did the prints were good. Even though I used the last set of chargers that I had cleaned with alcohol.

Come to find out from the operator that the owner got some new chargers and installed them. That's when it went to solid magenta. I imagined that
he swapped the chargers and that's why it changed to yellow. He called the people that he bought the machines from and they let him talk with
their tech.
I have worked with their tech and he's very good. He told the owner that the charger was shorting to the drum. On closer inspection
he found that the charger grid had a wrinkle toward the front end and it was shorting to the drum. 1 piece of scotch tape later the problem was gone.
I hate it when the customer helps and doesn't tell me.
The machine is running fine now, except for the toner build up on the registration sensor unit. After 100K in about 5 days it looked as though it had
not been cleaned in a long time. Both of the C7000's are doing this dusting.
Has this model been known to do this? Or do I need to get into the back to clean out the waste toner tubes?
I changed the toner filter on the right side on both of these machines during the PM.
They have been in the middle of a big big job that will last for another 2-3 weeks. They're running these tow machine almost 24 7 now and have little time to spare.

Thanks

DR

blackcat4866
05-16-2017, 01:40 AM
Don't be surprised of you see some toner spray. =^..^=

kunkie
05-17-2017, 03:33 AM
these machine run pretty dirty at the best of times, and the tape on one end of the dev unit is a pretty common thing to do (can be used to correct uneven front to back density).

when i PM these i generally take out the drums/devs/charge units and vacuum pretty much everything i can get to in the process unit. dev/toner builds up really quickly on top of the dev units and can spill onto the drums during a run making splotches etc.

another thing to note, if you swap the dev units (totally fine to do) just tape the toner inlet on the dev unit to prevent cross contamination..

saeidss
05-17-2017, 11:09 AM
these machine run pretty dirty at the best of times, and the tape on one end of the dev unit is a pretty common thing to do (can be used to correct uneven front to back density).

when i PM these i generally take out the drums/devs/charge units and vacuum pretty much everything i can get to in the process unit. dev/toner builds up really quickly on top of the dev units and can spill onto the drums during a run making splotches etc.

another thing to note, if you swap the dev units (totally fine to do) just tape the toner inlet on the dev unit to prevent cross contamination..

HI,
I am searching C6000
press service manual and installation manual. can any one help ?

Desert Rat
05-17-2017, 06:18 PM
Thanks for the replies. And yes I am getting a lot of dusting or toner spray on the registration sensor assembly.
It builds up and then drops down on the lower transfer roller. As far as cleaning during a PM, I do the same, clean everything
I can get to, like last night. I put the vacuum on all the waste toner ports inside the process cavity and in the ports where
the toner box filter is located. And I open the port for the waste toner bottle and vacuum that after running the motors that
drive the waste toner system... I was told that it could be related to the transfer cleaning assembly. I also vacuum that out as well.
That charger with the tape was replaced with a new charger and both machines seem to be running well at the moment.

Thanks for the information

DR

blackcat4866
05-18-2017, 12:50 AM
... I put the vacuum on all the waste toner ports inside the process cavity and in the ports where
the toner box filter is located. And I open the port for the waste toner bottle and vacuum that after running the motors that
drive the waste toner system...

Use caution when vacuuming the waste toner ports. If there isn't a convenient air inlet into that system, you can flip the lower cleaning seal and get toner dumping. If you're going to vacuum the waste collection systems the drum should be out of the unit to let air in that way. =^..^=

Desert Rat
05-18-2017, 04:12 AM
I usually have the process unit pulled out when I do these things or I will do this before installing new drums.

Thanks Blackcat,

DR

Custom Search