PDA

View Full Version : FK502 Can't send memory fax, sends fine in real time send

Custom Search

mjunkaged
05-14-2017, 04:55 PM
Hey guys:
I bought a FK502 (USED with wrong mount kits) for a later model machine, and a mount kit (new for biz 361) from another seller. When I installed the FK-502 per the bizhub 361 install instructions, everything looked/worked great, EXCEPT: can't store a fax into memory to TX, it reads 'job canceled due to insufficient memory' . I don't have a problem printing or copying photos (with or without FK installed), but get this error on a single page with a 3" face drawn with a black pen on the page and an arrow pointing to each edge. In case I'm not clear, the machine is a Biz 361 BLACK machine. Because black is beautiful!

I can't afford to blow my machine up or fight with a broken/misconfigured FK board, so I've ordered another 502 from my actual model machine (was not available at the time). If I have this problem with the 'new' used kit I'm ordering, could it be a softswitch setting or problem with my machine? On the 361, it doesn't use the PCI riser, it plugs directly into the connector using the MK.
The only strange symptom my machine has, is if I leave it unplugged for a long time, it loses time/date. Am I correct that there is no Li-ion or other battery, but a 'capacitor battery'? Could not find any reference to the word 'battery' in entire SM or Parts man. :confused::confused:

blackcat4866
05-14-2017, 05:33 PM
Most of these kits come with a fax memory chip. The chip that comes with your fax may not be compatible with the MFP it's installed in. Or did it come with a fax memory chip at all? =^..^=

mjunkaged
05-14-2017, 06:00 PM
Most of these kits come with a fax memory chip. The chip that comes with your fax may not be compatible with the MFP it's installed in. Or did it come with a fax memory chip at all? =^..^=

Cat, it did come with a SDRAM memory stick, but for wrong model (my 361 uses sodimm's and I do only have 1 gb). I'm getting another for MY model. Unfortunately, the day I ordered the kit, the wrong (later model color '8' series) one was the only one available, and seller ignored my model specific request and shipped it anyway. E E
E Bae ain't as trustworthy or accurate since paypal became one with them!

I'll let you know if I still have same problem next week when I install it. Then I'll be SCREAMING FOR HELP!! What about my 'clock battery' question? I gotta know!! :confused::cool:
Thanks as usual, Blackcat4866!

blackcat4866
05-14-2017, 06:28 PM
... What about my 'clock battery' question? I gotta know!! :confused::cool: ...

Honestly it's never come up on a bizhub. I started out at the beginning working on Mita's. When they got to be about 8 years old, the lithium backup batteries started to give out, mostly through disuse. IIRC these machines charged a 3.5vdc battery with the 5.0vdc logic level. On the Mita's the oil can maintenance indicator would start to blink indicating loss of battery backup.

If you connect a voltmeter at the backup battery, then shut down the machine (or unplug) the vdc should slowly diminish to 3.5vdc then hold steady. Machines with the blinking oil can would rapidly diminish to 0.3vdc or even less. A person who was handy with a soldering iron could de-solder the old battery, solder back in nearly any 3.5vdc lithium battery (3500mAh sticks in my head, but I can't be sure about that value.)

Later machines that I worked on like Canon's had capacitive backups. Each board had it's own capacitor to retain backup values. I haven't had to consider that issue ever since.

That's all the information I can offer on that topic. =^..^=

mjunkaged
05-29-2017, 01:41 PM
Okay, very embarrassing, the HDD is missing (so scanning or faxing to memory is thru the HDD)! Got one ordered. Got the answer from searching her on copytechnet.

The lost time/date problem any time main power was shut off or power cord removed, is SOLVED! I blew out the NRB (non vol ram board) and KMBS sent me a new one....but now all my counters are zeroed, we'll call it a 'refurb page count'. I had to replace developer early, run TCR, and perform a list of adjustments (or check them) in the service manual. What a ROOKIE mistake!! Nice to know I'm not perfect, I guess......

I'm not servicing copiers on Sunday mornings from here on out......:o :cool:

mjunkaged
06-28-2017, 02:30 PM
Okay, so the machine is almost perfect, EXCEPT: it won't scan SEF inch originals on the glass correctly, for example: if I put down letter SEF (LT-R) it 'sees' statement size (5.5x8.5). Through the ADF is fine.

I started re-doing the initial adjustments per SM, up to 'feed direction adjustment (scan area) and no correction (also, the size is about 10mm off and the adjustment is +/- 0.5%!! I doubt the remaining adjustments for lead edge erase, adf, etc. are going to fix it, since I already know I fried NRB (replaced with new, counters cleared, see prev. posts), and possibly damaged my OACB (main board).

The other weird glitch is the bypass tray passes initial adjustment with 'ok' in min/max but only 'sees' wide sizes properly (LT, LD) but any size 8" wide is not correct, either shows euro size or ??? as the size. It may not be an issue for the end-user, but given the history, it IS a HUGE problem for me, as I'm covering the warranty.

Lastly, the machine sometimes prints an all-grey background on internal test prints. So far, I've never seen it happen on copies or prints yet. It might though! NEW developer last month. TCR ran. This one may have been happening before I killed the NRB (and possibly a small chunk of the OACB).

blackcat4866
06-29-2017, 01:24 AM
Okay, so the machine is almost perfect, EXCEPT: ... This one may have been happening before I killed the NRB (and possibly a small chunk of the OACB).
It's certainly possible given the oddly random nature of the resulting flaws. If you had just told me about each anomaly alone by itself, I would have made possible suggestions, but only the OACB could explain all, especially the background on internal prints. I would not be surprised if you found other little things later. =^..^=

mjunkaged
06-29-2017, 01:37 AM
It's certainly possible given the oddly random nature of the resulting flaws. If you had just told me about each anomaly alone by itself, I would have made possible suggestions, but only the OACB could explain all, especially the background on internal prints. I would not be surprised if you found other little things later. =^..^=
I love it when you agree with me! Except when it's going to cost me some money of course.....nah, even then. :cool: Thanks!

Custom Search