PDA

View Full Version : C203 Print Registration?

Custom Search

PrintHub
05-15-2017, 04:29 AM
Good day everyone.

I have a odd prblem on a KM C203 Copier...

As per attached image the top registration differs on a couple of pages.

anyone know what the cause may be?

The paper type is plain paper

allan
05-15-2017, 06:16 AM
Try a different paper tray?

PrintHub
05-15-2017, 07:19 AM
Try a different paper tray?

it does it from all paper trays

copier addict
05-15-2017, 05:07 PM
it does it from all paper trays

Are you printing or copying? What direction is the paper traveling? What have you done to try to fix it?

PrintHub
05-15-2017, 05:31 PM
Are you printing or copying? What direction is the paper traveling? What have you done to try to fix it?

Thank you for your reply.

Landscape as per image above. I am printing from a pc

I removed the feeder roller and replaced it and it made no difference ...

copier addict
05-15-2017, 06:17 PM
Go into service mode and adjust"Machine"- "Printer Area"- "Leading edge adjustment"

emujo2
05-15-2017, 08:48 PM
Replacing the "feed" roller is almost useless, the image is aligned to the paper by timing the 2nd transfer roller to match the developed image on the X-fer belt. I would suspect a worn x-fer roller or the clutch/motor that controls the timing. If it's slipping, all the adjustments in the world won't help. BTW you would be better off posting a actual image of the problem. Does the same symptom occur during B&W copies, color or both. Emujo

Synthohol
05-15-2017, 10:12 PM
Landscape as per image above. I am printing from a pc

no, according to your image the long edge is the feed direction which makes it portrait
short edge first is landscape.

to simplify just say SEF or LEF and we get it ;)

PrintHub
05-16-2017, 05:40 AM
Replacing the "feed" roller is almost useless, the image is aligned to the paper by timing the 2nd transfer roller to match the developed image on the X-fer belt. I would suspect a worn x-fer roller or the clutch/motor that controls the timing. If it's slipping, all the adjustments in the world won't help. BTW you would be better off posting a actual image of the problem. Does the same symptom occur during B&W copies, color or both. Emujo

You sir are a genius!!

The problem was due to a missing pin on the transfer roller allowing the gear on the transfer roller to move freely instead of turning with the transfer roller.

After making a makeshift pin I ran a 500-page heat run… see the results attached

Thank you everyone for your help!!

emujo2
05-16-2017, 01:09 PM
Happy to help..And BTW, did it without giving out any admin or service passwords...Emujo

kunkie
05-17-2017, 03:21 AM
Ill just add another thing to check on this, the Registration roller bushings get clogged and bind over time, i have found this to be the most common cause for registration issues, especially gradual "creep" off the page during a run. it can also cause the rego clutch to fail and gears to strip due to excessive force required to turn the roller.

id suggest to remove and clean/replace all the bushes for both registration rollers to prevent the issues recurring possibly, easy way to tell is if the rego roller is stiff to turn.

this applies to nearly all Konica minolta machines from this era onwards

Cheers

Custom Search