PDA

View Full Version : C454e No Weblogin Accss

Custom Search

iczer34
05-16-2017, 08:06 PM
Hi All - need help, of course...

Recently setup a C454e on our network, was able to access web login for a few days from an assigned IP but we can no longer access it. I can still ping the machine and our users can still print via the network.

I've doubled checked all the network settings and everything looks in order. Any other places I can check? It's quite odd.

TIA!

richmods
05-16-2017, 08:22 PM

Recently setup a C454e on our network, was able to access web login for a few days from an assigned IP but we can no longer access it. I can still ping the machine and our users can still print via the network.

I've doubled checked all the network settings and everything looks in order. Any other places I can check? It's quite odd.

TIA!

What browser are you using? I would suggest either IE or Firefox and you may have to set the compatibility view on IE in order for it to work.

With that said, the only time I could not access a machine through the web browser was after a customer tried changing the admin password.

copier addict
05-16-2017, 09:11 PM

TIA!

Check the machine IP to see if it hasn't changed, possibly on DHCP

peter42
05-16-2017, 09:18 PM
Turn machine off and try to ping it.

If something answers, uve got it.

Vikingrepairguy
05-16-2017, 09:43 PM
clear the cache for the web browser your using

iczer34
05-16-2017, 09:49 PM
Thanks for all the replies. I've tried all of the above mentioned but still no luck...

The only thing that "changed" was when I unplugged the copier and moved it 10 feet! Not sure if something happened when I powered off. All settings look good.

Is there a 'factory default reset' option? If i could start fresh, that'd be great. :)

Synthohol
05-16-2017, 11:35 PM
in service mode you can initialize the network portion of the machine.
then re-assign an IP through admin and use firefox or chrome. IE is a piece of garbage when it comes to pagescope.

D_L_P
05-17-2017, 12:40 AM

TIA!

FYI, In service mode Stop-> 0-> clear, will take you to 2nd level service mode where CE password and Admin passwords can be set.

I've had a 454 (non e series) that was unable to access the web interface just by rebooting. An update caused a software switch 25 to be set to 10. Set switch 25 to 00 and the admin password worked again. However, because it was a non e series the scan to email stopped working. Several software updates and headaches later, got the email going. Basically, the non e series is updated to have all the features of the e series. But I noticed when sw25 wasn't set to 00 the admin password failed even if I reassigned one in service mode.

Vikingrepairguy
05-17-2017, 01:14 AM
I think I'd call Konica before changing software switch, I did the wrong one on a c227's, and I had to do a bunch of stuff over the phone with them, just my 2 cents

emujo2
05-17-2017, 01:06 PM
Web page access can be denied through admin mode. ADMIN/NETWORK/HTTP SERVER SETTINGS. if this is OFF PSWC is disabled. This can only be turned on/off through admin. If this is On, then I would look at my browser settings, clear the cache, try different browsers etc. Emujo

iczer34
05-17-2017, 11:43 PM
Again, thanks for all the help and assistance...

We ended up getting it fixed by going into the Service Menu and clearing the network settings and inputting them again. Looks to be working so far....

Only thing now is that the prompt screen to select a USER BOX is the initial display. Before, it went straight to the Main Menu display. Haven't found a setting to change this. Thoughts?

:)

D_L_P
05-18-2017, 01:28 AM
Utility-> User settings-> custom display. Usually after an initialization the default copy tab reverts to quick copy, which nobody likes, and needs changed to basic. Glad the web interface is working!

iczer34
05-18-2017, 05:50 PM
Utility-> User settings-> custom display. Usually after an initialization the default copy tab reverts to quick copy, which nobody likes, and needs changed to basic. Glad the web interface is working!

Thanks for the tip. Just checked the setting, it's already on 'basic.' Here's the initial display we see...

D_L_P
05-18-2017, 08:00 PM
Thanks for the tip. Just checked the setting, it's already on 'basic.' Here's the initial display we see...

Is there anything in the usb ports? It looks like the screen that comes up when a usb drive is inserted.

Synthohol
05-18-2017, 10:18 PM
reset settings in admin mode.
change to whatever screen you like.

Custom Search