PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub C224e Constantly asking for Magenta toner

Custom Search

photocopier.technician
05-17-2017, 04:51 AM
Hello,
I am having a problem with a Bizhub C224e, it constantly asks for Magenta toner. I already replaced with a new toner but still same problem.When i put the new toner it says replenishing toner and after a few minutes it asks for toner.

Replaced the developing unit still not working.

Thanks for help

Rikk811
05-17-2017, 04:55 AM
Can't remember if thesw toner bottles are chipped. If it is, it could be a bent pin on the body of the machine. Straighten the pin and it will work just fine.

How many copies on the machine? If the toner bottle is not chipped, it could be that the toner hopper is clogged, that will need to be removed and cleaned out. But usually it will give a code for the tcr level (can't remember which code for magenta tcr, C-255*) if that's the case.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

photocopier.technician
05-17-2017, 10:23 AM
Thanks for reply.The toners are not chipped. No error C25XX. I will clean the hopper with a blower and keep you updated.

mo0651
05-17-2017, 02:03 PM
Not uncommon, on this series, to replace the sub-hopper unit. If the sub hopper does not have a white plug on the end facing out, you will want to replace it anyways.

tech51
05-17-2017, 06:28 PM
Sounds like the sub hopper is not filling up or the actuater in the sub hopper is stuck.
Remove the cover over the toner bottles and check they are rotating when it is replenishing toner.
If not and the sub hopper is empty, then check the actuater has not come adrift. This can cause the bottle to not rotate because the machine thinks there is already enough toner present. If this is the case you will have to split the unit and refit the actuater. By the way if you decide to replace the hopper it's wise to check these actuater as I've had brand new units with stuck/loose actuater.

blackcat4866
05-18-2017, 12:38 AM

=^..^=

photocopier.technician
05-19-2017, 07:14 PM
Hello,

Thanks for all the replies. I removed the sub-hopper unit and cleaned it with a blower. Tested on the machine did not work. Tested with another sub-hopper unit from a working machine still same problem.

Check both sub-hopper units there is toner in them, so i think the toner bottle motor cannot be suspected.

Both sub-hopper units has a white plugs on the end facing out.

blackcat i did not understand the indication with the 2 photos.please explain.

Thanks

blackcat4866
05-20-2017, 02:52 AM
... blackcat i did not understand the indication with the 2 photos.please explain...

Do you see the magenta toner packed in around the front seal? It's not supposed to look like that. It causes the shaft to bind, and stall. The motor cannot turn the agitator, and the toner is not fed down to the developing unit. If you watch with the engine cover off you can watch the drive shaft shudder, but not rotate. =^..^=

photocopier.technician
05-24-2017, 03:12 AM
Hello,

Blackcat thank you for explanation, i checked the drive shaft shudder and it rotates so i think the problem is not with the hopper unit.

Any idea what can be the problem ?

Thanks

Gift
05-24-2017, 09:00 AM
Had a faulty/bent harness causing the toner bottle drive not to turn every once in a while - so try and mark the bottle to see if it turns.

photocopier.technician
05-26-2017, 05:18 PM
Hello

thanks for the reply GIFT. I checked the toner bottle its turning and also the hopper is full of toner. Replaced the Front side board and after that the printer control board. No success till now.

Any other idea ?

troll0201
08-09-2018, 08:01 AM
May be the agitating blades of the feed hopper

Custom Search