PDA

View Full Version : NVRAM and firmware issue on a bizhub C352

Custom Search

blax
05-17-2017, 06:31 AM
hello!
i have a c352 machine that restarts automatically... i replaced the DDR and the two SODIMM system memory modules to see if memory was causing the trouble, but not...
i have the Firmware Imaging Toolkit 2006 Ver.2.5.3 and nvram recovery software but i would like to reload the firmware first (not recovery as 1st choice), but i cand find it on konica website, where can i find the latest firmware?

another option is copy the entire hard disk from a good working copier to see if hard disk is causing the trouble, but here some users suggest load the latest firmware...

copier tech
05-17-2017, 07:49 AM
The firmware is not installed on the HDD, in fact you could disconnect the HDD & see if this corrects the fault.

The HDD is only used for scanning/file store etc.

blax
05-17-2017, 06:03 PM
where can i find the C352 firmware?

Woxner
05-17-2017, 07:25 PM
remove the network cable and see if the rebooting stops. if it does its a corupt job or duplicate ip. they are not known for rebooting. most of the time it will just sit with hour glass

blax
05-18-2017, 07:30 AM
i removed the fax board, i discovered that something was wrong with fax board:
1.- copier with fax board set on, machine reboot many many times..
2.- copier with fax board unset, copier reboot just 1 time in 4hours turned on.

there are not duplicated ipīs, but when i type the machine ip address, i get "not available".

when i move the entire machine to another place, starts to reboot.. any ideas to find a false contact inside?
thanks!

allan
05-18-2017, 04:16 PM
Try connecting the machine to the network thru an additional switch an see if that works...
Give the network settings an initialization. Make sure the network speed is not set to auto but to 100mbps full duplex.

blax
05-23-2017, 09:14 PM
it seems the trouble was solved succesfully... after replacing soDIMM, clean, remove boards, and do many another procedures, machine did not stop rebooting... the failure was the POWER ON switch.. what a pity, many hours seeing inside and the switch was the problem, i cleaned it with isopropyl alcohol and now the machine no longer reboot..
thanks to all!

RRodgers
05-23-2017, 10:36 PM
it seems the trouble was solved succesfully... after replacing soDIMM, clean, remove boards, and do many another procedures, machine did not stop rebooting... the failure was the POWER ON switch.. what a pity, many hours seeing inside and the switch was the problem, i cleaned it with isopropyl alcohol and now the machine no longer reboot..
thanks to all!
I haven't seen a bad power switch since the 7040 days. But what I have seen is bad power and bad surge protectors causing reboots.

Custom Search