PDA

View Full Version : C284 hangs on shark fin

Custom Search

inutelkamo
05-18-2017, 01:18 AM
Hello Good day!

I have a 284, which hang on shark fin. no boot up..
did try to replace the MFPB, same issue..
recommendation is to replace SSD right?

But they want me to update the Firmware first..
my question is, how will i know if the firmware will download completely if its stuck on shark fin upon boot up..

Or the firmware will not download at all.. jeezz!

Comments and suggestions are all welcome..

Have a good day!

blackcat4866
05-18-2017, 01:22 AM
AFAIK what they're asking of you is not possible. You won't be able to update firmware until you have a functional SSD. =^..^=

Techlife
05-18-2017, 01:24 AM
I would suggest at least trying the firmware, what do you have to lose? Also, as part of the escalation process, Konica will ask if you have done this step

D_L_P
05-18-2017, 01:37 AM
I'd second the firmware but be sure to give it enough time. Mine took like 5 minutes of waiting before the update screen finally appeared.

Woxner
05-18-2017, 02:32 AM
are you using a new or used mfp. Most of the time when the ssd goes bad it keeps rebooting. but once in a while that wont be the case. the fins have meaning. each one represents a stage of boot. the bulletin tells you what to look for.. if its a used or repaired mfp did you use the reset firmware tool to cleanse the board

copier tech
05-18-2017, 08:11 AM
When replacing a used MFP and/or SSD there is a specific procedure you need to follow, get this wrong & you could make both MFP boards unusable!

mo0651
05-18-2017, 02:08 PM
What troubleshooting steps have you taken. When we have this issue: Reseat memory chips, unplug HDD, Try firmware( it only takes a few minutes.)
The whole process of trouble shooting it won't take long!

inutelkamo
05-24-2017, 03:22 AM
Hello Guys,

Update.

Steps that ive done so far.. eliminating some possible issues.
1. Remove HDD and try to boot, --- Same hang on shark fin,
2. Update Firmware via service port 3 flashdrive used ---- Same no pop up of firmware update complete
3. leave firmware flashdrive for several minutes --- Same
4. Tested MFPB ----- Same
5. update firmware of new MFPB -- Same

I guess i can now start processing the request for SSDB replacement.

Thoughts and update still welcomed..

Thanx!

mo0651
05-25-2017, 06:01 PM
Use the old MFB and the new SSD .

Custom Search