PDA

View Full Version : DV-512 refitting a used one

Custom Search

EarthKmTech
05-18-2017, 07:22 PM
Can you refit a used one back into a machine after a new one has been installed, without issue and have the original life counter restored ?

I have only ever used new units.

(I want to test to see if the current slight image density problem is caused by an undocumented specification change on the cyan developing unit compared the original one from 2012)

CPM Mike
05-18-2017, 07:53 PM
I've put old units back in my machines for various reasons but I'm not certain what you mean about resetting the counter.

tech51
05-18-2017, 08:51 PM
I'm sure there is a procedure for temporarily fitting new units for test purposes which doesn't reset the life counts.Best check the manual.

Woxner
05-18-2017, 11:37 PM
is a way to test comsumable with out resseting the counter. its in the manual if not mistaking.

allan
05-19-2017, 05:12 PM
Yes it should work. I recommend using a after market dev chip to trigger the dev initialization if its a permanent change.
It should be just fine if you are only making a couple of prints i do it from time to time.

There is a non contact TCR sensor and an ICP on the chip. It blows the ICP to reset the unit.

If you don't reset the tank the TCR value could be out of range resulting in the dreaded C255X error.
But it can be fixed by toning it up or running halftones to tone it down.
But that does not mean that the 6.5% ratio it maintains is accurate. It could still be under or over-toned.

Nice trick is to remove the developer from a shot unit and putting a pack of DV-411 in there.
Remember the aftermarket chip.
You will need to move the doctor blade up with like 0.05mm to get the right size brush.
A tank should be able to do 3 cycles without a problem.

Works like a charm.

If you can refit those size ICP's it will also save a bunch of money.

Woxner
05-19-2017, 08:50 PM
these dev unit are cheap so its not like you can save a ton of money. but there is a test mode to try a new unit without blowing the chip.

allan
05-20-2017, 03:17 AM
If you work on a hourly rate the time it takes to pull these tricks is well worth it.

Custom Search