PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub 601 tray 1 not lifting, shows there are paper in cassette

Custom Search

Eugene74
05-19-2017, 03:06 PM
Hi Guys,

Have anyone else had a similar problem in the past? Tray 1 on the machine show that there are paper in the cassette, but the lift plate did not rise to the top. Obviously if you make a copy it will show a jam, because of no paper (even though the machine say there are paper present) We have changed the the feed sections, replaced the complete tray, swop around the connector at the back of the cassette, replace PRCB board and the power supply board. So basically all relevant parts have been exchanged.

When we have done to see if this is not a pinched wire / broken harness we have changed the connector of tray 1 with tray 2 on the PCRB board and run the motor, sensor check in service mode (load check). Tray 1 then operates perfectly and problem move over to tray 2.

Any assistance is highly appreciated, we are against the wall at this stage.

Thank you .

copier addict
05-19-2017, 05:10 PM
Hi Guys,

Have anyone else had a similar problem in the past? Tray 1 on the machine show that there are paper in the cassette, but the lift plate did not rise to the top. Obviously if you make a copy it will show a jam, because of no paper (even though the machine say there are paper present) We have changed the the feed sections, replaced the complete tray, swop around the connector at the back of the cassette, replace PRCB board and the power supply board. So basically all relevant parts have been exchanged.

When we have done to see if this is not a pinched wire / broken harness we have changed the connector of tray 1 with tray 2 on the PCRB board and run the motor, sensor check in service mode (load check). Tray 1 then operates perfectly and problem move over to tray 2.

Any assistance is highly appreciated, we are against the wall at this stage.

Thank you .

If I read this correctly if you swap connectors on PRCB between tray 1 and tray 2 the problem shifts to tray 2. If that is the case it would seem to me that the problem is in the harness that connects the PRCB to tray 1.

Eugene74
05-22-2017, 08:03 AM
Good Morning Copier Addict,

Thank you for your reply, what we have done was change the connector (on the harness) around. Meaning, if you look at the connector connecting the harness to the PRCB board, it consist of a 'double socket connector (Tray 1 and 2) we flipped them around - putting tray 1 at tray 2 and visa versa. Then tray 1 is working and tray 2 will not lift.

I hope this will help with the explanation.

Thank you.

allan
05-22-2017, 05:10 PM
So have you changed the harness?

Eugene74
05-23-2017, 11:58 AM
Hi Everyone,

Thank you for the assistance.

We got the machine fixed, one of the wires broke inside the insulation of the harness, on PRCB side

copier addict
05-23-2017, 02:14 PM
Hi Everyone,

Thank you for the assistance.

We got the machine fixed, one of the wires broke inside the insulation of the harness, on PRCB side

You're welcome. Glad I could help.

Custom Search