PDA

View Full Version : C658 Fiery install

Custom Search

Max
05-22-2017, 12:55 PM
Hi. Has any one installed a fiery on c658 ? I have changed controller to 1 and enabled the web kit but i still dont see any options for the fiery any where on the screen, in service or the admin menu. Nothing else in service manual or the installation instructions. Any help much appreciated.
Thank you

emujo2
05-22-2017, 01:23 PM
Little different on the 8 series, you must enable the web browser, then you will access the Fiery through the browser. MFP comes with the LK 101 functionality so nothing to buy, but it does need the extended memory (Supposed to come with the device also). Emujo

Max
05-22-2017, 06:32 PM
Updated fiery to 1.1 and copier to latest fitmwarw. Still getting turn on the controller message on the screen.

emujo2
05-22-2017, 07:29 PM
Missed the part about you having the "web kit" installed. Do you have "web browser enabled" under admin/network settings? The 1st time you turn this combo (MFP/Fiery) it can take as long as 20 min for the Fiery to come to ready. Suggestion---Turn everything off, power on the Fiery and let it sit for 5 min, verify that you see the "00" in the LED window. Turn on power to MFP and again, let it sit for another 10 min. As long as you have the video interface and cable connected properly it should come to ready. I would start out with the copier in DHCP and have the controller connected to an Ethernet jack to eliminate the long delay while trying to obtain an IP. Emujo

KMFLT3CH
05-25-2017, 01:59 PM
See attached, hope this helps!

Custom Search