PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub C454e "input serial number"

Custom Search

safirod
05-22-2017, 06:55 PM
Good day,
The machine was displaying "replace disposal tank" user replaced it and then when user close the front cover, machine rebooted by itself and displayed "Input Serial Number, call representative " So i was able to access the service mode, by pressing the Reset Mode, I input the serial numbers for copier, adf, finisher, turned off copier waited for 1 minute then after turning on copier, machine was ready to copy for 2-3 seconds then displayed "PTM chip needs to be reset", so I removed, cleaned and installed the SSD card, the machine rebooted and displayed "input serial number". Any suggestion is appreciated

emujo2
05-22-2017, 07:23 PM
I think you mean "TPM" trusted platform module. Somehow you have managed to make the device think this license has been installed. I think you have to have KM issue you a license management reset code. This kind of stuff usually only happens after a board replacement. Although I believe you when you say it was just a waste disposal tank, something else other than this caused this error. EMujo

Brett GS
05-22-2017, 08:36 PM
Good day,
The machine was displaying "replace disposal tank" user replaced it and then when user close the front cover, machine rebooted by itself and displayed "Input Serial Number, call representative " So i was able to access the service mode, by pressing the Reset Mode, I input the serial numbers for copier, adf, finisher, turned off copier waited for 1 minute then after turning on copier, machine was ready to copy for 2-3 seconds then displayed "PTM chip needs to be reset", so I removed, cleaned and installed the SSD card, the machine rebooted and displayed "input serial number". Any suggestion is appreciated

I have had 2 machines do this to me and it was the batteries on the mfp board that had gone bad,inspect them and check for any white substance or swollen.

safirod
05-23-2017, 12:55 AM
I think you mean "TPM" trusted platform module. Somehow you have managed to make the device think this license has been installed. I think you have to have KM issue you a license management reset code. This kind of stuff usually only happens after a board replacement. Although I believe you when you say it was just a waste disposal tank, something else other than this caused this error. EMujo

Yes it is TPM, excuse the typo..

safirod
05-23-2017, 12:57 AM
I have had 2 machines do this to me and it was the batteries on the mfp board that had gone bad,inspect them and check for any white substance or swollen.

I'll stop by early tomorrow and check the batteries, because honestly the problem there is the office space and traffic... thanks for the reply

jwai
05-15-2018, 05:58 PM
I got the same case on C224e. I tried clear all data, formatted HDD, rewrote F/W however all fails. So I tried to replace MFPB and loaded F/W, but, the recover data process work non-stop. The TPM chip message still displays while I turn on machine again.....

padedwalls
01-27-2019, 07:33 PM
I have a church's copier that I was called to service a week ago causing the same issue! Upon arrival it was attempting forced restarts & prompting to input the serial numbers... would quickly flash a C-D390 error & prompt for a recover mem. It also dumps serial numbers after turned Off/On! Still exhibits same issue after MFP board change with original SSD (NVRAM).. Tomorrow I will attempt new SSD (from KM) with original MFP (will check MFP battery too!)... never have I seen this dumped serial #'s behavior.. it has also reset counters! It currently is online allowing only printing & copier off glass, ADF has been inop from use no matter what I try! Support suggested I format original SSD at one point... found that odd & chose NOT to do so!

jwai
01-29-2019, 04:29 PM
Finally I solved this issue by replaced the SSD with new one.

avecosat
01-29-2019, 05:42 PM
Finally I solved this issue by replaced the SSD with new one.

In this serie the SSD is the worst :mad:

padedwalls
01-30-2019, 12:00 AM
My issue is in fact the MFP battery went bad.. MFP dumped all info! Serial #'s, meters, clock (both in Utility & the Service Mode)... what a nightmare to run full setup as if straight out of box from KM. KM placed security lines (color developed) embedded that remove only once setup is done.... if clocks dont match, lines will stay be embedded to prints/copies.. was able to rid security lines but I still have other smaller 4 inch lines appearing on prints/copies.. believing my new MFP board from Hytec to be faulty.. to replace board again soon.. the joy begins again!

Phil B.
01-30-2019, 04:31 AM
My issue is in fact the MFP battery went bad.. MFP dumped all info! Serial #'s, meters, clock (both in Utility & the Service Mode)... what a nightmare to run full setup as if straight out of box from KM. KM placed security lines (color developed) embedded that remove only once setup is done.... if clocks dont match, lines will stay be embedded to prints/copies.. was able to rid security lines but I still have other smaller 4 inch lines appearing on prints/copies.. believing my new MFP board from Hytec to be faulty.. to replace board again soon.. the joy begins again!

Did you try to replaced JUST the battery? 3 legs to unsolder/solder..charge in machine.Done in HP Xerox Ricoh Oki m Canon

padedwalls
01-30-2019, 07:22 AM
Did you try to replaced JUST the battery? 3 legs to unsolder/solder..charge in machine.Done in HP Xerox Ricoh Oki m Canon

Back in the analog days I would try such a thing as I'm an old school repairman (US Navy Aviation Elect Mate VET even), but KM warranties such costly boards... so as to NOT void a WARRANTY, I'll go through the "process" vs eating an $1100+ board... I'd prefer some downtime vs a manager talking to about my "expenses" to company!!
22 yrs experience with copiers... I once fixed a 2 wk old Ricoh with a gaming domino for the rt door/fuser interlock... literally awaiting a 3 wk shipment of rt door cover from Japan around the 2011 earthquake/tsunami power plant meltdown situation! When toner shipments from Japan were even being restricted.

I seldom break out a soldering iron nowadays

Phil B.
01-30-2019, 07:33 AM
Back in the analog days I would try such a thing as I'm an old school repairman (US Navy Aviation Elect Mate VET even), but KM warranties such costly boards... so as to NOT void a WARRANTY, I'll go through the "process" vs eating an $1100+ board... I'd prefer some downtime vs a manager talking to about my "expenses" to company!!
22 yrs experience with copiers... I once fixed a 2 wk old Ricoh with a gaming domino for the rt door/fuser interlock... literally awaiting a 3 wk shipment of rt door cover from Japan around the 2011 earthquake/tsunami power plant meltdown situation! When toner shipments from Japan were even being restricted.

I seldom break out a soldering iron nowadaysYeah.. but when it comes to battery.. no biggie
20yrs ago was milcert for thru n some surface ( Telex )
So true.. I wonder how many can wipe the webs to use O scope n other tube diag pieces.
Also train @ Sencor (ND) On CRT repairs ..back b4 it became $$$$ silly to do it.. I still get MAC repairs * once a year?*
The good ole days.. when it wasn't just swap-n-go!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

padedwalls
01-30-2019, 08:25 AM
Yeah.. but when it comes to battery.. no biggie
20yrs ago was milcert for thru n some surface ( Telex )
So true.. I wonder how many can wipe the webs to use O scope n other tube diag pieces.
Also train @ Sencor (ND) On CRT repairs ..back b4 it became $$$$ silly to do it.. I still get MAC repairs * once a year?*
The good ole days.. when it wasn't just swap-n-go!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Times are a different my friend! Especially on the electronic side! I prefer the simpler side of electronics (smart device generation we are now.. phones, TV, car, ++)... still love to get my hands into electro-mechanical troubleshooting though vs electronic...
Man! I haven't touched an oscilloscope since USN A-school in early 1991 in Millington, TN
Hell in early 90's the F18 came into the US Navy with laser gyro systems vs the gimble-gyro that was in the F14, A6, ++.... what a change that was in the Navigation shop out on our carrier..
Times a change my friend! Forward we go! We couldn't even crack the F18's gyro side, it went back to civilian depot level back then. It was a component swap out (sealed).

Gergő
02-15-2019, 11:10 AM
Hi,

We have replaced battery in 3 different MFP. It solved the problem.

Gergő

cgw71
10-10-2019, 07:26 PM
Hi,

We have replaced battery in 3 different MFP. It solved the problem.

Gergő

So what are the steps after battery replacement. Does it boot normally? Do you have to go through the machine installation manual afterwards. Got one doing this and we are looking at replacing the battery.

Copier repairman
10-11-2019, 05:04 PM
Good day,

cause.
It is a back up battery discharge.
Workaround.
Replace the battery.
Download the recovery firmware.
Initialize the NV-RAM.
Enter your serial number.
https://lms.konicaminolta.com/license/KM/support.aspx?
Enter and receive a repair license code.

Custom Search