PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub 500 - Do I need a finisher?

Custom Search

Avail-Andy
05-22-2017, 09:44 PM
I'm a computer tech and have a client who purchased an old bizhub 500 at auction for cheap. She wanted me to set it up, and I soon realized this unit was missing its memory and there's nothing in the finisher compartment. I cleared the memory error by installing some PC100 SODIMM, but the next error code suggests a problem with the finisher. Logging into the web interface, it shows the stapler option was installed.

My question is this: do we need to find a finisher to satisfy this machine, or can we somehow reset it so it doesn't look for the missing piece? I don't know if a finisher of SOME kind must be installed?

ranjitkr16
05-22-2017, 09:48 PM
I'm a computer tech and have a client who purchased an old bizhub 500 at auction for cheap. She wanted me to set it up, and I soon realized this unit was missing its memory and there's nothing in the finisher compartment. I cleared the memory error by installing some PC100 SODIMM, but the next error code suggests a problem with the finisher. Logging into the web interface, it shows the stapler option was installed.

My question is this: do we need to find a finisher to satisfy this machine, or can we somehow reset it so it doesn't look for the missing piece? I don't know if a finisher of SOME kind must be installed?

it will work without finisher...its easy to remove the finisher. if u post the error code appear on the disply we can fix it

Avail-Andy
05-22-2017, 10:59 PM
it will work without finisher...its easy to remove the finisher. if u post the error code appear on the disply we can fix it

That's great news! It's "C-1102".

Avail-Andy
05-23-2017, 04:58 PM
Also, is there a way to reset the whole machine to factory defaults, or would that cause other problems?

emujo2
05-23-2017, 08:15 PM
Stapler has been added in service mode, until this is disabled you will continue to get the finisher error. Same thing if there was fax and it was removed. If you can get into service mode/finisher/punch option/set to none. Emujo

Avail-Andy
05-23-2017, 09:02 PM
Stapler has been added in service mode, until this is disabled you will continue to get the finisher error. Same thing if there was fax and it was removed. If you can get into service mode/finisher/punch option/set to none. Emujo

Thanks. I had entered service mode, but from there I couldn't figure out what to do. Could you guide me any further? I have to make an appointment with her and want to know for sure what to do when I get there.

emujo2
05-24-2017, 08:19 PM

Sorry, I was thinking hole punch, not stapler. When you say the finisher is removed, you mean both the finisher and the device that moves paper from the fuser exit to the finisher trays are removed??? That "bridge" can't stay by itself. You may have a board issue if the finisher connector was removed with power ON. It still may be useful to verify that the hole punch has not been added. Emujo

ranjitkr16
05-24-2017, 09:11 PM
[QUOTE=Avail-Andy;564070]That's great news! It's "C-1102".[this error is due to pepar recieving tray miss it contact with sensor liver and it will goes up....u had to remove tray lifting motor M7 and keep back the tray down....

Avail-Andy
05-24-2017, 09:24 PM
Sorry, I was thinking hole punch, not stapler. When you say the finisher is removed, you mean both the finisher and the device that moves paper from the fuser exit to the finisher trays are removed??? That "bridge" can't stay by itself. You may have a board issue if the finisher connector was removed with power ON. It still may be useful to verify that the hole punch has not been added. Emujo

I wish I knew more about these. I have no idea what the answers are to your questions. I just know that when I open the hatch on the left, where I've determined a finisher goes, it's empty. There's a big cavity going all the way to the back of the unit. The screen shows C-1102 error. And logging into the web interface, it shows a stapler finisher is enabled.

My experience with copiers has been exclusively on network configuration, scanning setup, etc... I've never dug into a unit like this before. So, thanks for having patience with me!

Avail-Andy
05-24-2017, 09:26 PM
[QUOTE=Avail-Andy;564070]That's great news! It's "C-1102".[this error is due to pepar recieving tray miss it contact with sensor liver and it will goes up....u had to remove tray lifting motor M7 and keep back the tray down....

I'm not sure I understand... what should I check?

Also, the reason I thought C-1102 referred to the finisher was this result from a Google search I did:
http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/konica-minolta/9167-bizhub-500-error-code.html

ranjitkr16
05-24-2017, 10:14 PM
[QUOTE=ranjitkr16;564424]I'm not sure I understand... what should I check?Also, the reason I thought C-1102 referred to the finisher was this result from a Google search I did:http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/konica-minolta/9167-bizhub-500-error-code.htmlsend ur whats up number i will send u the video hw to fix it

Avail-Andy
06-02-2017, 07:24 AM
My problem was resolved by noticing that the top paper tray of the finisher was missing two screws, one on either side. It was loose, which I thought was normal. At some point I noticed the screw holes and thought I might as well tighten it down. The C-1102 error disappeared and everything is now working like it should.

When I first wrote this thread, I didn't realize the finisher was the part on the left side of the copier that moves up and down and has trays. I thought it was something inside the copier, behind the left top panel where I guess another option can be installed.

Thanks guys for helping me learn a lot on this one. Thanks ranjitkr16 for sending me the video and taking time to give me 1 on 1 support.

Custom Search