PDA

View Full Version : Did I really kill me 4690MF by using a wrong chip...?!

Custom Search

jof
05-23-2017, 10:40 AM
Hello from Germany,

I have a 4690MF with only 15.000 printed pages which I bought new in 2011. I realized that when there is an issue with the toner cartridge (although it is still full) and sometimes when there is a "paper size error" the 4690MF declares the toner cartridge to be empty (by somewhat "burning" the chip on the cartridge). So I just exchanged the toner-chip and could print on with the same cartridge (as long there is enought toner left in the cartridge).

The last time this happened ("toner Y empty"), I made a mistake: because the chip supplier messed up the drum and toner chips, I mounted a drum chip to the toner cartridge and put it in the 4690mf. The error message then was "toner Y not installed" (instead of "empty").

I then realized the drum chip which looks a little bit different from the toner chip. So I installed a new toner chip, tried with other Y toner cartridges, but the message "toner Y not installed" is still there, and I cannot print.

I assume that using the wrong chip I killed some electronic part in the printer.

Do you have any idea or help for me to get that fixed, or did I really kill my 4690MF...?! There is still hope that it's just a fuse or something that can be replaced.

Thanks for your help and best Regards

jof

jof
05-23-2017, 12:19 PM
I kept working on the issue and realized the following: taking cartridges and drums out of the 4690MF I realized that the contacts to the yellow cartridge are damaged (bent), see here:

I also have a used Bizhub C20 for spare parts, and there the contacts look perfect:

So can anybody givr me a hint if and how I can manage to bent the contacts back so that they will work again?

How can I remove/disassemble the part with the contacts, so I can work on them? Right now there is only a small gap that I can look into the printer and maybe stick a finger in - but nothing to work on it. Are there drawings that show how to dismantle the 4690MF, so I get a clue ?

Regards, jof

copier addict
05-23-2017, 01:26 PM
I kept working on the issue and realized the following: taking cartridges and drums out of the 4690MF I realized that the contacts to the yellow cartridge are damaged (bent), see here:

I also have a used Bizhub C20 for spare parts, and there the contacts look perfect:

So can anybody givr me a hint if and how I can manage to bent the contacts back so that they will work again?

How can I remove/disassemble the part with the contacts, so I can work on them? Right now there is only a small gap that I can look into the printer and maybe stick a finger in - but nothing to work on it. Are there drawings that show how to dismantle the 4690MF, so I get a clue ?

Regards, jof

I'm sure if you look in a phone book you will quickly find a certified KonMin tech who would be happy to help you. Or you can dig in yourself and maybe fix it or maybe completely ruin it. Flip a coin. Your choice.

konica7022
05-23-2017, 02:10 PM

Regards, jof

the whole connector would be held together with two locks on both side use a flat screw to release them and attach it to the other unit

or you can find a hard soild copper wire bend it in that shape and solder it to the old one

Custom Search