PDA

View Full Version : EP1085 lines

Custom Search

woodss82
08-17-2008, 12:30 AM
What can cause lines down from the print, but not down the page.
Drum and fuser is clear and flaw less.

woodss82
08-17-2008, 03:30 AM
If i send a blank sheet, the lines are not there, if there was scraches on the drum there would been scraches down the page.

If i place a copy on the copier the lines appear on one line of the paper, whenever is exposed to it, this is a minor problem, something that i can work around with, i just want to know whats causing and fix it next time i buy toner for it.

Can a faulty corona wire cause this?
Its been doing this for a week, and this machine is not abused.

Checked the drum no scratches, wiper blade has been recently, changed, there is faint band as well going down the page.

Machine in over all good shape, it done 16,075 copies

i m not worried, the copier is reasonable apart with two grey marks, black little dots.

stebro
08-19-2008, 02:14 AM
A couple of basic questions.. Are the dots you speak of on the drum?? & do the lines that go down the page also ALWAYS go thru &/or come from these dots??..Also, all wipers are not good.. I've seen some fail out of the box or shortly after install..The suppliers varied from excellent ones to questionable.. Who is your toner supplier?? Ive seen some toners that have caused all kinds of flukey CQ problem including offsetting, streaking & smudging etc. Also, the machine is over 10 years old and with only 16k copies on it, probably all rollers, the drum and developer are original.. Any of these can have died just on time alone! (Kinda how tires go flat just from sitting..):rolleyes:

woodss82
08-19-2008, 08:42 PM
i have checked the drum a few times, there nothing seem to be wrong with it, if the drum was scratched there would be a black band going from one side of the page to another and this is absent, the lines only occur whenever some text is exposed to that area.

From rechecking the fuser under a torch, I have noticed some light scraches from it, I might plan to have this fusing roller replaced by a expert sometime next few weeks.

I might get this copier to be repaired and safety checked by a service company, it hasnt been checked over in about 4 years.

There is dots on the glass, and that hasnt been cleaned off yet, the toner used is genuine Minolta.

I think I should replace the fuser upper fusing roller and clean the glass or replace it, but the copier is working well enough to do its role, other then the minor problems, the copies are clear and crisp.

I think I eliminated the drum as being the cause.

I replaced the wiper blade like 4 weeks ago thinking it was its only problem.

bgbas
08-19-2008, 08:54 PM
If I understand your problem correctly, you are getting the distortion not in the direction of the scanner movement but across from it. If so, remove the glass and make sure the scanner moves freely with no bumps as you slide it along. Closely inspect the scanner rails.
Hope this helps

woodss82
08-20-2008, 09:45 AM
c
If I understand your problem correctly, you are getting the distortion not in the direction of the scanner movement but across from it. If so, remove the glass and make sure the scanner moves freely with no bumps as you slide it along. Closely inspect the scanner rails.
Hope this helps

Well when i first installed the wiper blade the copies were fine.
ive looked at that, it seems to be ok, but the glass needs a clean as well.

Next year in Jan or Feb, I am going to call someone in to check over the copier.

What I understand photocopiers dont always give perfect copies.

This line is like from the exposed black area, and when its white its not there, however suddenly im getting grey dots but it wasnt there from the last copy before i did the copy.

As i decrease and increase the exposer setting it gets darker and lighter, it seems its getting it from the class and any text exposed it goes onto the grey dot, next time i use the copier i'll clean the glass, to clean off any stains.

In the start of the thread, drum has been checked and found nothing suggesting its the cause of the problem.

I do have knowledge of the drum and developer works, I have worked on laser printers for 8 years.

But these problems are just minor, the copier is just good for rough copies for now, it looks like copiers arent good for presentation work, but I would like to make good copies from it.

Custom Search