PDA

View Full Version : C227 Toner Issue

Custom Search

Gaffers01
05-25-2017, 12:49 PM
I put a brand new C227 into a customers 2 days ago with all new toners (genuine)
and i get a phone call from them to say the Yellow toner is asking to be replaced.

I have checked through our remote management and sure enough the yellow toner went from 100% to 2% in a day,
they have only done 520 colour prints.

I believe these toners dont have chips on them so i presume it must be a toner add issue?

Any ideas whould be a great help?

kingarthur
05-25-2017, 02:19 PM
There was a tech bulletin last year for C308 etc, which you needed to upgrade FW & then the following

Procedure
1. Call the Service Mode to the screen.
2. Call the Enhanced Security to the screen. (Stop -> 0 (Zero) -> C (Clear)
3. Touch [Engine FW DipSW].
This is displayed only when Switch No. "59" is set to "01" in HEX Assignment in [Service Mode] -> [System 2] -> [Software Switch Setting].
4. The switch highlighted corresponds to the colour to be reset is highlighted (ON state).
31: Y 32: M 33: C 34: K

EG, 31 and 32 are highlighted, after pressing END and powering off and on Yellow and Magenta toner level will be displayed at 100%
(Note this does not mean there is 100% physically in the toner cartridge, however when it runs out of tonner the hopper will correctly detect when the toner is empty).

MAY OR MAY NOT be the same solution.....

Gaffers01
05-25-2017, 02:34 PM
There was a tech bulletin last year for C308 etc, which you needed to upgrade FW & then the following

Procedure
This is displayed only when Switch No. "59" is set to "01" in HEX Assignment in [Service Mode] -> [System 2] -> [Software Switch Setting].
4. The switch highlighted corresponds to the colour to be reset is highlighted (ON state).

EG, 31 and 32 are highlighted, after pressing END and powering off and on Yellow and Magenta toner level will be displayed at 100%
(Note this does not mean there is 100% physically in the toner cartridge, however when it runs out of tonner the hopper will correctly detect when the toner is empty).

Great thanks i will give it a go and let you know.

Allister
12-20-2017, 03:22 PM
The Engine FW DipSW numbers are different on a C227 - 29:Y 30:M 31:C 32:K. I also updated the firmware after making this change. The existing firmware was A7970Y0-F000-G00-K7(00) when I had the issues.

kmfa
12-21-2017, 09:19 PM

Procedure

:cool:

Custom Search