PDA

View Full Version : C754 D012 code

Custom Search

nathicana
05-25-2017, 05:34 PM
This C754 is going back to the lease company. To protect customer's data I ran HDD Overwrite All.

Then the machine said "format hdd or reset encryption code" followed by D012 about 10 seconds later. I formatted hdd.

Now I am getting a D102 code about 10 seconds after startup.

I am not knowledgeable about these machines, we are a Kyocera dealer.

Any help would be great.

Woxner
05-25-2017, 07:45 PM
well you did the wrong format. that overwrite referes to when the hdd is in use. if it has bizhub secure you need the password to rerformat. but try to do it in service mode. you might get away with it.

nathicana
05-25-2017, 08:04 PM
well you did the wrong format. that overwrite referes to when the hdd is in use. if it has bizhub secure you need the password to rerformat. but try to do it in service mode. you might get away with it.

Thanks for the reply

How do I enter service mode and format?

I tried utility/ counter list/ stop 0 0 stop 0 1 but could not find counter list.

Also concerned error will come up and lock me out, guess I have to do it fast.

nathicana
05-25-2017, 08:44 PM

I got into service mode. Should I do physical format or logical format?

Woxner
05-26-2017, 12:18 AM
logical takes ten mionutes or so phy will take hr upon hours. it will ask for movie data upon reboot

nathicana
05-26-2017, 12:45 AM
logical takes ten mionutes or so phy will take hr upon hours. it will ask for movie data upon reboot

I did both physical and logical format. No difference.

What is a d012? Should something be replaced? I haven't been able to get a service manual off the internet.

Thank you

habik
05-26-2017, 01:01 AM
Check if HDD is ON (INstalled in Service Mode)

Then do a logical format

Then re-load firmware.

nathicana
05-26-2017, 04:26 PM
Check if HDD is ON (INstalled in Service Mode)

Then do a logical format

Then re-load firmware.

So the HDD should be set to on? Is that under state confirmation?

Where can I get the firmware and instructions on how to load?

In the future should I select overwrite temporary data instead of overwrite all? It seems so.

Thanks

mthomasebs
05-26-2017, 04:45 PM
HDD is under System 2 in Service Mode. Set to Installed.

This has also been asked here (http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/konica-minolta/85360-error-code-c-d012-c654e.html).

For firmware, try signing up at https://infohub.konicaminolta.eu

nathicana
05-30-2017, 07:24 PM
HDD is under System 2 in Service Mode. Set to Installed.

This has also been asked here (http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/konica-minolta/85360-error-code-c-d012-c654e.html).

For firmware, try signing up at https://infohub.konicaminolta.eu

I signed up,thanks but we are not a dealer. I don't know how to load firmware or if it will succeed with the d012 code displayed. Maybe I can get a manual on the website to help me with that.

I also tried turning off the HDD and the machine came up and said ready to copy but would not output a sheet. When I tried running a copy it went on the job list with status "stop printing" and machine said ready to accept another job. Is there a way to get machine to run normally with HDD turned off?

nathicana
05-31-2017, 12:12 AM
I'm stuck on this C-D012 code. Can anyone can send me bizhub C754 firmware and instructions on how to load it?

copier tech
05-31-2017, 07:57 AM
If the machine is going back to the dealer & you are worried about security, simply remove the HDD & return the machine without, explain your concerns if asked, most dealers will accept this.

nathicana
05-31-2017, 04:32 PM
If the machine is going back to the dealer & you are worried about security, simply remove the HDD & return the machine without, explain your concerns if asked, most dealers will accept this.

The machine is going to a leasing company and it is supposed to be in running condition. I am a technician but unfamiliar with Konica machines. I ran the wrong overwrite to remove customer's data and got the C-D012 code.

nathicana
06-01-2017, 11:28 PM
I obtained the firmware and loaded it. The machine now does not display the d012 code. It says ready to copy but after scanning the original machine says "Ready to accept another job" without printing anything. Hard drive still shows installed in service mode.

Oil can showing, I touch it and "prt/ir error" comes up.

Also I have to enter a password to enter service mode which I didn't before the firmware update. 9272 four times.

Synthohol
06-02-2017, 01:23 AM
honestly if just going back to leasing company, set HDD to uninstalled, unplug both hdd connectors and boot.
likely it will say something like format ssd? say yes.
it will copy fine for what the leasing company tests for acceptance but scanning is limited i think but will come to ready, and pass paper. thats all they look for.
if it was going into the field i'd make different suggestions.

nathicana
06-02-2017, 05:46 PM
honestly if just going back to leasing company, set HDD to uninstalled, unplug both hdd connectors and boot.
likely it will say something like format ssd? say yes.
it will copy fine for what the leasing company tests for acceptance but scanning is limited i think but will come to ready, and pass paper. thats all they look for.
if it was going into the field i'd make different suggestions.

It did the same thing. Never asked for SSD format. I noticed there are physical and logical format options for SSD. What are the risks and possibilities of running those and which should I consider running if any?

I ran clear all data in service mode initialization thinking there was a setting problem. Now says ready to copy with no animation warning or orange light but scan and user box won't open.

copier addict
06-02-2017, 05:54 PM
It did the same thing. Never asked for SSD format. I noticed there are physical and logical format options for SSD. What are the risks and possibilities of running those and which should I consider running if any?

I ran clear all data in service mode initialization thinking there was a setting problem. Now says ready to copy with no animation warning or orange light but scan and user box won't open.

Now you will have to go into service mode and "re-install" the HDD. After HDD is installed. run the logical format, it is a quick format, then install animation data.

nathicana
06-02-2017, 06:12 PM
Now you will have to go into service mode and "re-install" the HDD. After HDD is installed. run the logical format, it is a quick format, then install animation data.

I reinstalled the HDD and now machine won't let me enter service mode. Counter just beeps at me. Can't enter utility to get into administrator mode either.

nathicana
06-02-2017, 06:28 PM
Just got machine running by changing life stop settings to "don't stop". Then did logical format.

Small problem but how do I load the animation guide?

Synthohol
06-02-2017, 07:28 PM
Leasing companies just see it passes paper. Should have left it alone once it was ready to copy.
You went too far. Now you are diagnosing and repairing for free.

D_L_P
06-02-2017, 08:48 PM
Just got machine running by changing life stop settings to "don't stop". Then did logical format.

Small problem but how do I load the animation guide?

Get the movie data file.
Copy file to root of a usb drive.
Plug usb drive in c754.
Get into servece mode.
Go system 2-> install data-> movie data.it will see the file and you just have to hit set.
If this is a lease return movie data isnt an essential thing. Its the animations on how to clear jams and add toner.
BTW in a nutshell, a logical format deletes the file structure in the master boot record or the GUID partion table. The data is still pyhsically there but unaccessable without special utilities. Physical format deletes the file structure and then actually rewrites1's or 0's over header info. Last I knew this still doesn't qualify as a dod disk wipe, which goes so deep as to rewrite every bit on the hdd.

nathicana
06-02-2017, 09:16 PM
Get the movie data file.
Copy file to root of a usb drive.
Plug usb drive in c754.
Get into servece mode.
Go system 2-> install data-> movie data.it will see the file and you just have to hit set.
If this is a lease return movie data isnt an essential thing. Its the animations on how to clear jams and add toner.
BTW in a nutshell, a logical format deletes the file structure in the master boot record or the GUID partion table. The data is still pyhsically there but unaccessable without special utilities. Physical format deletes the file structure and then actually rewrites1's or 0's over header info. Last I knew this still doesn't qualify as a dod disk wipe, which goes so deep as to rewrite every bit on the hdd.

Thanks. What should I be doing then to remove customer data and leave the machine running on Konicas?

This machine had "overwrite HDD data" and "overwrite all". I chose "overwrite all" and that's how I got into trouble.

I won't worry about restoring the movie but thanks for the information.

Custom Search