PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub c452 switches off when warming up.

Custom Search

AhmedChamumi
05-25-2017, 09:03 PM
Hi everyone out there,

I have encountered bizhub c452 which boots up fine but immediately before it starts warming up the machine switches off on its own, i have tried different power outlet since i thought it might have been the low voltage issue but nothing seems to work, i also removed and re seat the fuser unit up to no avail.

Please help me out as to where to start my troubleshooting.

Best of regards,

Ahmed Chamumi.

copier addict
05-25-2017, 09:45 PM
Hi everyone out there,

I have encountered bizhub c452 which boots up fine but immediately before it starts warming up the machine switches off on its own, i have tried different power outlet since i thought it might have been the low voltage issue but nothing seems to work, i also removed and re seat the fuser unit up to no avail.

Please help me out as to where to start my troubleshooting.

Best of regards,

Ahmed Chamumi.

Does it actually switch off, or reboot?
If it switches off it is likely a short somewhere. Try a known good fuser and see if it does the same.

AhmedChamumi
05-25-2017, 11:26 PM
Does it actually switch off, or reboot?
If it switches off it is likely a short somewhere. Try a known good fuser and see if it does the same.It just switches off completely, i will have to find another known good fuser and check it out..thank you so much.

Best of regards,

Ahmed.

copier tech
05-26-2017, 07:42 AM
Also try booting up with the right door open, does it get to the "close right door" message?

EarthKmTech
05-28-2017, 12:22 PM
few things I've experienced,

I've had recently the soaking roller lamp wiring chafed and shorted to ground on a brand new fusing unit (quality control measures have been put in place for this issue) When this happens the RCD / GFI on that power circuit will trip though (if fitted) or just blow the fuse, hopefully, so no one gets electrocuted. My machine wasn't grounded, due to a defective power strip and there was no safety device so I got a nasty surprise. Now I know why KM forbids the use of power strips, there are other reasons too such as refrigerators and other AC inductive loads sharing the strip causing havoc every time they cycle.

I've also seen DC wiring rub on and short to ground on the fuser drive motor.

The power supply itself can become unreliable on these machines too.

Also, make sure the power cable is firmly plugged into the back of the machine too, this is common as hell and been the cause of many wasted journeys.

Custom Search